I'm over the moon to tell you about the launch of Affinity Spotlight, the new place to go for creative inspiration, learning resources and Affinity news. Whether it’s features on artists and photographers using Affinity, tutorials on how to get the best from the apps, behind-the-scenes insight or news and updates, it will all be posted on Affinity Spotlight.

We’ve literally just made the site live and we’d love you to check it out!

https://affinityspotlight.com

This has been a real labour of love for our web dev team and our content team, and of course, this is just the start—we’ll be posting new stories and articles each week. We hope you like what we’ve done and enjoy reading our stories.

All the best,
Kate

I was just out there and signed up for the email updates.

It is looking good

Thanks for the effort

Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104 & beta 1.6.5.112 Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104, beta  1.6.6.112

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.gif

Congrats! First we thought it could be the DAM … then perhaps a web dev app … ;)

Available in other languages from when?

Chrome browser will translate the pages automatically. Other browser have plugins that are a bit more clumsy but will work

Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104 & beta 1.6.5.112 Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104, beta  1.6.6.112

yoda.gif

I discovered it today. I really like the idea and design! The categories are some of the things I usually search for:

• The work made by professionals.
  • A learning source to grow my skills.
  • Behind the scenes.

I hope that within the third one we can see workflows and how people integrate the Affinity line into the broader picture.

Wish you the best and I'm looking forward the content you will publish.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template

NICE. I believe it also makes an impact when people is evaluating the software as a professional tool. Those high quality pieces, the workflow of actual professionals...go a long way.

Graphic artist and tech professional specialized in several fields. 
Windows 7, old core i7 860 (2009), 8gb RAM, GTX 275. AD license.

Apologies for the OT observation, but why does Documentation Manager @acapstick’s potted biography at the bottom of that article have a hyphen in between “in” and “between”? :/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer (1.6.4.104) • Affinity Photo (1.6.4.104) • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.7.76 iOS 11.4 (iPad Air 2)

5 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Apologies for the OT observation, but why does Documentation Manager @acapstick’s potted biography at the bottom of that article have a hyphen in between “in” and “between”? :/

I imagine because he typed one ;)

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Just now, Patrick Connor said:

I imagine because he typed one ;)

I think I knew that! :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer (1.6.4.104) • Affinity Photo (1.6.4.104) • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)

This is actually... brilliant!! It will do wonders for the exposition and divulgation of Affinity software.

Important question though. Is there a RSS/Atom feed for the new content/articles/whatever? Thanks!

26 minutes ago, LCamachoDesign said:

Is there a RSS/Atom feed for the new content/articles/whatever?

Unfortunately not, however Spotlight will have a regular newsletter showcasing the latest and greatest articles :)
We plan on adding further features to Spotlight in the future, and I will ensure your voice is heard in terms of implementing an RSS feed!

6 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Unfortunately not, however Spotlight will have a regular newsletter showcasing the latest and greatest articles :)

Yeah, but I already have enough emails related to work going into my inbox. I need less emails, not more. :P Besides I already have a design related curated feed in Feedly, it's much better to plug this source into the existing system rather than having to check a separate place for news.

For these reasons, please consider doing an RSS feed.

Thanks!

Great work, guys! I look forward to checking out the content on a regular basis.

iPad Pro 12.9 2nd Gen/Mac Mini, in that order

2 hours ago, LCamachoDesign said:

For these reasons, please consider doing an RSS feed.

Thanks!

RSS is fairly easy to set up but in case it is not implemented, just make a filter with the first email to a folder of your choosing. Most of my mail gets filtered one way or another 

yoda.gif

Posted (edited)

We were waiting for you to produce "Publisher".

We were waiting for an application that we could use instead of "InDesign"
We designers, use Illustrator, Photoshop, and "Indesign"
We were waiting for Serif to produce the missing link

We cant leave Adobe without the substitute.

Instead you produced something we don't need.

My patience has ended, so I will continue to use "Indesign" and gave up waiting for the last third.

Edited by davemike
missing word

25 minutes ago, davemike said:

You should have brought out affinity publisher instead.

There is no ‘either/or’ here! Those who are working on Affinity Spotlight are not programmers, and there is no indication that development of Affinity Publisher has stalled.

3 minutes ago, davemike said:

We designers, use Illustrator, Photoshop, and "Indesign"
We were waiting for Serif to produce the missing link

It's been very clear for a long time that for most serious users of Adobe InDesign the first version of Affinity Publisher will not serve as an immediate replacement.

Alfred online2long.gif

9 minutes ago, Alfred said:

There is no ‘either/or’ here! Those who are working on Affinity Spotlight are not programmers, and there is no indication that development of Affinity Publisher has stalled.

With the exception of QA staff checking this site for a few days there is no overlap at all in staff involved and these programming teams are 100% independent, as you suggest.

@davemike

Not developing this site would have had ZERO impact on the release date of Publisher, though I appreciate why it may feel that way when you are patiently waiting. Sorry that you are giving up, but it is not ready yet, and it would not have been ready if there were no Affinity Spotlight website.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Hi Kate, i read through and saw amazing things on Affinity Spotlight, signed up and ready to read the updates and news, thank the team and you for all your hard work in producing Affinity Spotlight.