Affinity Forum Guidelines
We’re a friendly bunch of people and everyone, from novice to expert, is welcome to post on this forum with questions, suggestions and bugs. Here’s our main rules
- Be nice. Do not insult, harass, or "SHOUT" at anyone. Any personal criticism or attacks will immediately result in your account being suspended or removed.
- Try not to multi-post the same issue. It really helps us and our community out if you search the forum first to see if your topic has already been covered.
- This is a tech forum for like-minded creative individuals using Affinity apps. Please keep conversations on topic - this isn’t the place to talk politics, or last night’s footie score.
Here's the details...
The Affinity Forum is a website service provided by Serif (Europe) Ltd ("we", "our" or "us") registered in England number 2117968 with registered offices at: The Software Centre, 12 Wilford Ind Est, Nottingham NG11 7EP, UK. Telephone: UK - 0845 345 6770 Intl.- +44 115 9142000
These terms and conditions, and any documents referenced within them, explain the terms and conditions you are agreeing to by using and interacting with https://forum.affinity.serif.com (“Affinity Forum” or the "Website") and its services including making verbal or other communication. These terms and conditions are legally binding and you should read them carefully before you conduct any activities on the Affinity Forum.
We may modify these terms and conditions from time to time without notice and any changes will be effective immediately when they are posted on the Website. You agree to be bound by any changes when you conduct any activity with the website after any such modification has been posted. It is therefore important that you review this page regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
If you need to contact us with concerns or complaints you can do this via our email address “email@example.com” or by other methods shown in this Contact Us post
Use of the Website
Affinity Forum is owned and operated by the Serif group of companies. These terms and conditions apply whether you are a "Visitor" (which means that you simply browse the Website) or you are a "Member" (which means that you have registered or have an account with Serif). The term "User" or "Users" refers to a Visitor or a Member.
- You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use the Website.
- You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Website services.
- We may change the format and content of the Website or services offered by it at any time.
- We may terminate or suspend the operation of the Website for maintenance, updates, support work or for any other reason at any time and without notice.
- You should maintain backups of all material provided to us. We will not be responsible for keeping backup copies or for the loss of, deletion or corruptions of any images or other materials uploaded onto the Website.
Becoming a Member
Subject to these terms and conditions you may become a member of Affinity Forum and have a unique profile by completing the registration process on the Website.
- To register you will need to provide a username, which must be unique, an email address and password which must be acceptable to the Website.
- Usernames should not contain any store name, trade name, website domain name, or company name, but may be allowed at moderators discretion.
- Anonymity is prohibited and Serif may delete any account at anytime without notice.
- Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the username and password.
- You represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older and your use of Affinity Forum does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- You represent and warrant that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and you will maintain the accuracy of such information.
- Affinity Forum reserves the right to delete or refuse the registration of any account at any time for any or no reason or to refuse service to anyone at anytime without notice for any reason.
Things you should know
- We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any communications posted or any opinions expressed, via the Website services. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted via the Website services will be at your own risk.
- The Website is most often a passive conduit for the information Users submit. We cannot always review every submission a User may make.
- We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to restrict or prohibit your use of our Website if we believe you are violating any of the terms and conditions and to remove, edit, or relocate any submission as we see fit, whether for legal or other reasons.
- You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Affinity Forum, its parents, affiliates, co-branders or other partners and their respective officers, directors and agents from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made or threatened by any third party due to, or arising out of, your use of or conduct on the Website, or a breach of these terms and conditions, including, without limitation, any claim based upon transmission of your message(s) or your violation of any rights of another User.
- The Website is for the personal use of Users only and may not be used in any commercial manner.
- You may not distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, promotion, advertising, or solicitation for goods or services.
- You may not use any of the content on the Website for commercial purposes. Chain letters, pyramid schemes and the solicitation of other Users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organisation are also prohibited.
- You also agree to be respectful of Affinity Forum and its administrators and other users.
- Links or pointers to Internet websites maintained by others are "third party sites" and are meant for convenience only. We have no control over such sites and resources and we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and do not endorse and assumes no responsibility or liability for any content, advertising, products or materials on or available from such sites or resources.
- You are free to establish a hypertext link to our Website so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by us or make use of a logo without written consent of the logo owner. Without our prior written consent, you may not incorporate into any other website or service any of our intellectual property.
"Content" means any information, data, messages, text, graphics, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship and any other materials. Content that is prohibited on our Website includes, but is not limited to, content that is or contains:
- any advertising or soliciting including, without limitation, advertisements, store announcements, for sale or trade, coupons, sales, consultants, and eBay postings
- links to any other commercial website or store, although moderators may use their discretion
- references to any other website or store in any way that is believed to be solely for advertising
- obscenities or anything that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- anything that harasses or advocates harassment of another person
- anything that exploits people in a sexual or violent manner
- nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or any link to an adult website
- any private and confidential information such as names, telephone numbers, street addresses, credit card numbers or Social Security Numbers
- infringement of any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy
- information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous
- anything that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination and false advertising)
- any viruses, malware, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; or interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our site.
Despite these Content prohibitions, information provided by other Users may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services. We assume no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of the use of prohibited content or any other misuse of our Website please contact our Customer Services Team.
By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on the Website, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use, copy, modify, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content, including a right to sub-licence the Content. In addition:
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Website or otherwise have the right to grant the licence set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you on or through the Website.
- You acknowledge that Affinity Forum or its affiliates owns all rights, title and interest in, and to, the Website, including all intellectual property rights (the "Website Rights").
- Website Rights are protected by UK, US and international intellectual property laws.
- You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or create derivative works from the Website.
- You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, or other automated device to monitor or copy any content from the Website.
- You agree that Affinity Forum has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Website. Affinity Forum retains the right to create limits on use and storage at its sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
As described above, Website Rights do not include third-party content used as part of the Website, including the content of communications appearing on the Website, other than content provided by Affinity Forum or its affiliates.
Representations and Warrants
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied. We make no warranty as to the results to be obtained from the use of any affinity forum services or as to the accuracy, completeness or usefulness for a particular purpose of any information provided in connection with affinity forum. Affinity forum is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of information provided on the affinity forum website. The services provided by affinity forum and its affiliates are performed and the software used in connection with the affinity forum services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. You assume full responsibility and risk for use of the affinity forum services and the internet. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. You may also have other rights that vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
Under no circumstances shall affinity forum or its affiliates be liable to any person on account of that person's use or misuse of or reliance on affinity forum services or arising from any claim relating to these terms and conditions or the subject matter hereof. Such limitation of liability shall apply to prevent recovery of direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, and punitive damages whether such claim is based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise (even if affinity forum or its affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such damages). Such limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from use or misuse of, and reliance on, the affinity forum services, from inability to use the affinity forum services, or from the interruption, suspension, or termination of the affinity forum services (including such damages incurred by third parties). This limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of other services or goods received through or advertised by affinity forum or received through any links provided on the affinity forum website, as well as by reason of any information or advice received through or advertised on the affinity forum website or received through any links provided in the affinity forum website. This limitation shall also apply, without limitation, to the costs of procurement of substitute goods or services, lost profits, or lost data. Such limitation shall further apply with respect to the performance or non-performance of affinity forum services or any information that appears on, or is linked or related in any way to, affinity forum services. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Law and Jurisdiction
You agree that all activity you conduct with Affinity Forum shall be in compliance with all applicable local, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence and all applicable export control laws. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.