You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"The Secret of Making High-Quality Art" - Conference

Hi there!

I wanted to share this video. It's a conference made by Gleb Alexandrov during the Blender Conference 2017. It applies to anything. Hope it's of use for everyone.

Best regards!

A worthwhile presentation. It is a good, concise description of how to present features so the eye and brain can dwell on them. It doesn't address the issue he mentions early on, "composition." I suppose because he is talking mostly about renders of individual objects. Maybe if one adds in another layer of size, call it "global," and then decompose it by adding in the large shapes in ways that form the same sort of balance he talks about of medium and small frequency detail in the large. That would contextualize any objects within a given frame to an implied larger frame.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

I am yet to read what Andrew Loomis says about Composition. It might be complementary to this. I'll get back with that as soon as I can.

Best regards!

"Andrew Loomis." Wow, I'd completely forgotten the name. I had studied his work when I was a kid. What ended up more influential for me was "The Painter's Secret Geometry: A Study of Composition in Art" by Chas. Bouleau. In most of the examples shown, the compositions are mostly dependent on the geometry of the canvas. But in some works, like those of Vermeer, the proportional grid, golden sections, for nested compositions within the whole, which in turn, must be supposed to be part of an yet another scale of composition.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet