• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About A_B_C

  • Rank
    Dedicated User

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

893 profile views
  1. Good to know …
  2. The new light interface is starting to look very nice. I noticed that you darkened and consolidated the background greys of the overall interface framework in relation to the last version (or at least in relation to the last iteration of Designer, which was my point of reference). And I believe this decision is really beneficial. The interface is much more homogenous to my eyes. As I had mentioned earlier, the only area I would love to see changed is the main toolbar. It should resemble the toolbar in full screen mode. And there are a few blurry spots on non-Retina screens, namely the icons in the font dropdown and the frame of the input field on the Navigator panel. These little issues affect the dark version too. But again, thanks for all your work on this! Cheers, Alex
  3. Please have a look at these long threads: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/13792-dam-affinity-lightroom-killer-request/ https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/38123-affinity-dam-and-lightroom/
  4. I don’t think this is a bug or there is a workaround at the moment. The Align to First (Last) option is available only on the Alignment panel.
  5. Hi ReO2, I am not sure what is actually happening on your iPad, but you could try the most recent beta version of the Affinity Photo on your Windows PC in order to recover your file. I am not sure if that will work, but maybe I would give it a try. You can download the beta here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/47946-affinity-designer-customer-beta-16085/ Hope that helps … Alex
  6. (Oh, I just saw that I had to delete my earlier video due to upload limits in the previous forum. Sorry.)
  7. Hi Chris, you asked me to comment on this thread. Well, I can only tell what I am seeing on my system. The scrollbar behavior in Affinity Designer is (a) somewhat inconsistent between UI elements and (b) inconsistent with the general macOS behavior. Have a look at my video. Scrollbars are disabled on my system and will show up only when I am scrolling (macOS System Preferences). Now, when I am using my trackpad to scroll in a Finder window, the scrollbars (or scrollbar handles) will appear thin, unless I hover over the scrollbars with the cursor. Then the scrollbar handles will get wider, they will stay underneath the cursor, and I can click to drag them. The video is a bit cropped at the beginning, but you will see what I mean. Back in Affinity Designer, when I scroll the canvas, the scrollbars will appear thin, and when I hover over a scrollbar with the cursor, the background framework will appear, but (a) the scrollbar handles will not get wider and (b) they will disappear underneath the cursor after a certain period of time. So it is hard to drag them. Furthermore, in the Layers panel the scrollbars are visible by default. Well, I guess that’s useful. But in the History panel, for instance, they are not visible by default. And when you scroll within the History panel, the scrollbar handle will appear wide, contrary to the default system behavior. When you, finally, hover over the handle with the cursor, it will shrink, again contrary to the default system behavior. And the same is the case with other panels as well, such as the Glyphs panel, the Text Styles panel, and so on. The Media Browser will show the same behavior. Hope this is helpful … Alex Scrollbars.mov
  8. The slices redrawing lag is largely gone, Matt! The only issue I noticed refers to the borders of active slices. At different zoom levels, different sides of a selected slice rectangle will receive a 2px border. The appearance is not consistent, so it looks like not being intended …
  9. You mean a book on how to use a PC? But seriously, the Mac and PC versions of Affinity Designer are identical, and I don’t see that the Workbook is intended for PC users only.
  10. The same happens with Bradley Hand, for instance, which is included with macOS Sierra. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206872
  11. No, I would say, you presumably looked at the proper places. The stored presets are in the wrong places, if you ask me … they should be accessible right from the adjustment panels themselves, maybe in the form of a drop-down list …
  12. Good to know, Matt, I wasn’t sure if that is actually considered an issue …
  13. Hi Matt, in general, I have the impression that the new OpenGL version is very stable and snappy. However, I noticed some redrawing lags in the new iteration which are not present in the App Store version. When I create some random rectangles on a small 1000 by 1000 pixels canvas, add linked slices, and perform some zooms in Export Persona, the slices framework will remain in place for a moment. And when I resize an artboard, the artboard background will not update immediately. Maybe this is due to my old (yet reliable …) hardware setup, but I thought it would not be out of place to share two videos. Keep up the wonderful work! Cheers, Alex Redrawing-Lags.mov Redrawing-App-Store-Version.mov