You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2.3.0 to be released this morning!

• Staff

Hi All,

I’m pleased to say that we will be pushing 2.3 live to retail this morning. The beta versions were updated yesterday to the same build (2.3.0.2165) as detailed in Patrick’s post here. This means the beta versions are in effect exactly the same as the retail versions we will push so you can keep them installed if you wish. 

As always it’s been a pleasure working with you all on this release and cannot thank you enough for all the bug reports and other feedback you have given. I mentioned at the start of this beta we are working towards a shorter cadence between updates to help us release improvements and bug fixes sooner - and I hope you agree this has worked very well.

With that in mind we will be starting 2.4 beta very shortly (hopefully in just a couple of weeks). Looking forward to seeing you all on here for that!

Thanks again,

Ash

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

• Staff
16 minutes ago, Return said:

And yet again,.... 😩

Jeez give us time to roll the site out, try now (press CTRL+Shift+R or CMD+R)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
44 minutes ago, Return said:

The program shouldn't inform me if it isn't linked correctly

Agreed that was explicitly my fault for pushing the (EXE) patches before the website/store, sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you so much!.. another smaller yet very significant update.. The Spiral tool is a great addition and thanks for all the bug fixes...

..and yet again thanks for all you hard work I for one really appreciate it.. keep it up the apps are looking good! 

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2415
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Hope the next 2.4 cycle continues the trend to improve stability and fix critical bugs, once those are out the way, there'll hopefully be less of a backlog and more opportunities for larger new features 😊

I appreciate the effort spent towards QoL improvements. Sad to see some issues left unaddressed, but I do see how the team listens and responds to feedback, so I am positive they'll be addressed sooner or later.

Bedankt voor de update.

Update gedownload en getest met een foto. Er zit een rooster op. Omdat mijn Engels niet zo goed is, ben ik een tijdje bezig geweest met uitzoeken hoe ik dit uit kan zetten. Nu moeten we uitzoeken hoe we de kleur kunnen veranderen. Nog niet verder gekeken, ik moet weg.

Thank you for this release. Looking forward to the new tools in 2.4 and past including a blend tool and docx export.

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

Can I get help with 2.3? I have strokes - they are not expanded. I have exported as usual and the export result has expanded the lines. This is with SVG. I export the strokes in order to have draw lines. Is this a bug that has been noted? 

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 15.04.36.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 15.04.51.png

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Jolly said:

Can I get help with 2.3? I have strokes

Yes, absolutely. Now the beta has been released to all users, you should ask any question in the Support Questions forum or post bugs with sample files showing the problem in the relevant bugs forum

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Great update. I'm looking forward using it finally in new projects.

Just a suggestion for further updates... Maybe it would be a good idea to inform beta testers what new features you plan for the next upgrade(s) so they can advice if there is a need for some new capabilities or some of them need any changes.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Is it me, or do I have the impression that this new version 2.3 of Affinity Designer “handles better” (without being completely perfect) the Stage Manager function (macOS Ventura 13.6.1)?

Est-ce moi, ou j'ai l'impression que cette nouvelle version 2.3 d'Affinity Designer “gère mieux” (sans être tout à fait parfaite) la fonction Stage Manager (macOS Ventura 13.6.1) ?

Mac Mini M1 16Go – macOS 13.6.4

47 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Great update. I'm looking forward using it finally in new projects.

Just a suggestion for further updates... Maybe it would be a good idea to inform beta testers what new features you plan for the next upgrade(s) so they can advice if there is a need for some new capabilities or some of them need any changes.

I forgot to finish my previous post, sorry.

Otherwise, we will have unfinished tools like Tables which is, practically, useless -- no text <=> table, no multipage capability, no tablenotes...

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

3 hours ago, sansnom said:

Is it me, or do I have the impression that this new version 2.3 of Affinity Designer “handles better” (without being completely perfect) the Stage Manager function (macOS Ventura 13.6.1)?

What works better in 2.3? 

Experienced Quality Assurance Manager - I strive for excellence in complex professional illustrations through efficient workflows in modern applications, supporting me in achieving my and my colleagues' goals through the most achievable usability and contemporary, easy-to-use user interfaces.

6 hours ago, Bit Arts said:

What works better in 2.3? 

A slightly more fluid animation perhaps, the presence of the logo on the thumbnail and the thumbnail itself...

But, it is still far, very far from being perfect!...

Mac Mini M1 16Go – macOS 13.6.4