You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We are live, and thank you!!!

Brilliant work guys. I love this software on all its platforms. Haven't found any faults worth mentioning at all recently, only finding good stuff. It's always an adventure discovering neat little tweaks hidden in menu.

Thanks to the whole team.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

Ash;

Well-done to you and your team & beta testers. Ash please please give some indication or support for RTL languages as I fear the software will become so complex that a retrofit of some sort would prove impossible. Affinity has built a truly world class software that I at least use on daily basis at work and at home but this vital feature is creating a lot of obstacles.

Sorry I did not want to sound I am ranting and once again congrats and well-done.  

Amazing work! Every version just keeps getting better. Kudos to the Devs and Beta/Forum support, you're all doing an incredible job!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Great but still not support transparent .tif / .tiff file that exported from Blender. I've been waiting for the fixing of this issue on this release, but no luck. Toooo long :( Plzzz. V1 didn't have this issue but V2 :(:(

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/177248-black-background-when-open-a-transparent-tif-file-which-was-rendered-from-blender/

Great work team!! looking forward to the new features in 2.3.😊

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

On 9/19/2023 at 12:27 PM, Ash said:

The build we have released is the same as RC3 (build 2005), meaning for the time being whether you use the latest beta version or switch to using the release version they are the same. If you anticipate taking part in the next beta you may wish to keep your current beta version installed, as this will be updated on auto update when a new beta is available.

I have a quick question here: Will the beta versions expire at some point in time? Or will I be able to continue using them indefinitely as long as I keep the retail versions installed even if new beta versions won't be available for a long time from now?

Thank you so much for the 2.2 release!

Good job! Been enjoying the quality of life improvements done to the shortcuts and other tweaks. I appreciate that Object Creation Data Entry and Move Data Entry work with Artboards, since I rely on more precise values when working with those. Also, thanks for being so transparent and for listening to our feedback so fewer bugs were let through the cracks. 

• Staff
21 hours ago, kaffeeundsalz said:

I have a quick question here: Will the beta versions expire at some point in time? Or will I be able to continue using them indefinitely as long as I keep the retail versions installed even if new beta versions won't be available for a long time from now?

Thank you so much for the 2.2 release!

They won't expire - you can continue using them indefinitely. Of course, especially towards the start of a new beta, it comes with the warning that we may have introduced some instability or other issues to mean we wouldn't recommend you use it for important / production work. Have to say we've not had anything particularly nasty happen in this regard with recent betas, but can't guarantee it won't happen in future...

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

There are plans but they keep them somewhat secretive so that if they underperform users don't complain. In regards to the next version I would guess sometime between 5-7 years if serif is around by then.

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

I do not know if the subject will come up in the search function, but this topic of 'road maps/feature plan' has been explained and discussed by the forum moderators 'ad nauseam'.  Why worry about v3 when v2 is currently being developed, improved and released?  Lets give the developers a break.

There will be a 2-3 week break probably till the next beta cycle starts.

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Affinity Photo 1.10.6