I still want this feature too. I don't want to switch to another application just for tracing. In this case I would stay with the other application like Inkscape oder Illustrator.
In my opinion this should be a standard feature for vector based drawing software developed for professionals.

Hi, this is the one thing that I really need in order to get away from the competition. Is there a new outlook of when a version of the tracing function will come? Thanks!

On 7/28/2014 at 9:51 AM, MattP said:

Tracing will come in the future - but it will be a new 'Persona' (one of the main buttons along the top left of the window) so that it can have its own UI and tools. We have a fair few ideas for this - not just the obvious... :)  It's not coming any time soon though, I'm afraid to say...

Hello Matt,  this sounds good.... I'm a graphic-designer and have often to trace and vectorize my hand-drawings into vectors. At the moment I must do this in Adobe Illustrator. But using a macOS High Sierra - this still benefits the standalone version of CS6. Comming system-upgrades possibly will not do this anymore... So it would be great, if Affinity Designer one day will be able to suppose those poor hand-drawing designers to... ;-)  It's really a great software - and you and your collegues do a very well job, thanks a lot.

Kind regards, Marcel

47 minutes ago, marno2013 said:

A correction: It should be SUPPORT not suppose - sorry

There should be an ‘Edit’ link at the bottom of each of your posts, but I wouldn’t worry about it. The thread title says ‘covert’ instead of ‘convert’, having remained uncorrected for almost five years now!

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

I'd like to see the same for many of the reasons posted here. A do a lot of logo and graphics work and tracing is something I use frequently. I want to learn all that Designer has to offer, but without this "basic" feature, I can't justify it when I have to stick with Illustrator to get the job done.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:37 AM, ryentzer said:

do a lot of logo and graphics work

If you do logos it is much better to handtrace. Autotrace does not give clean results.

Hello!

I can't wait to use your amazing software, and finally, finally quit my Adobe subscription. I bought all three Affinity products just the other day. Now I have to learn that AD doesn't provide autotrace. That actually means I can't quit Adobe because I'm using that tool so much ...! I found a feature list from 2014. Do you have any update on when I can expect that tool to be provided? I think this should be an essential feature, and I almost can't believe AD doesn't have it. Maybe I just didn't find it? 

Thanks,

Frank

The absence of bitmap tracing feature is a big minus for Designer... definitely reducing its appeal among professionals.
Even Inkscape (free/open source) has a decent bitmap tracing engine.

Hopefully Designer will have soon too.