Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would be very useful to have functions to select the same:   Color fill stroke (color / width) Appearance To quickly select all your outlines, or background element in 1 color.  Speed is eve

This was asked before. I include a screen capture of all the options available in the Find & Replace and Select dialog from FreeHand. It was great to have something like this :-)

I love Affinity Designer and the great wonderful people behind it. I'm an early adopter and devised many of my studio's workflows around it. To the point that when a client requests a 'last-minute' ch

3 minutes ago, Oval said:

time

 

On 8/20/2014 at 11:28 AM, boudewijndanser said:

It would be very useful to have functions to select the same:

 

  • Color
  • fill
  • stroke (color / width)
  • Appearance

To quickly select all your outlines, or background element in 1 color. 

Speed is everything.  :)

 

Approaching 6 years...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This won't change the next five+ years:

image.png.d7cc2410817d66dd716c53ca19e06ad2.png

  • "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Adding this feature as well as DXF-support would enable me to leave Adobe forever. For my illustration work as an architect I'm relying on importing and then quickly sorting thousands of lines exported from 3D-models.

Hope to see support for selecting by colour in the near future! Keep up the good work, Affinity-team! ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have select similar. Now. This minute. End of today will be too late.

I can tell you, this program is ABSOLUTELY F**king USELESS without the menu that allows me to select by similar (stroke width, colour, whatever).

How can it be even marketed and how can you have the audacity to accept money for this? It CANNOT BE USED like this. Do you hear?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This point is crucial. It has shifted me from liking Affinity and telling people to get the products, to the complete opposite now. They’re not only bad, but dangerous. What if someone were to actually buy this product on my recommendation? That would be terrible. I can’t associate myself with using Affinity products now.

I still need to do select similar. It MUST be able to let me select similar. IT MUST.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ian Tindale said:

This point is crucial. It has shifted me from liking Affinity and telling people to get the products, to the complete opposite now. They’re not only bad, but dangerous. What if someone were to actually buy this product on my recommendation? That would be terrible. I can’t associate myself with using Affinity products now.

I still need to do select similar. It MUST be able to let me select similar. IT MUST.

So there are Probably hundreds of people subscribed to this thread that you’re currently spamming with email notifications. We are with you though in sympathizing and outright frustration, this is a huge oversight on Affinity’s part, but given that it isn’t a priority for them, you’re going to need to just get a trial, month, or ongoing subscription of Adobe Illustrator, because that’s what all of us have to do without select similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ian Tindale said:

When I can select similar, then of course I won't need to post in this thread.

I’m not saying don’t post. I’m just asking to please be considerate of others who, most likely, agree with the sentiment. 
 

We all want this feature and have done for years. Yes, I’m pretty fed up about it too. But receiving 10 email notifications in quick succession, visiting the thread and actually struggling to get to the most recent post because some of yours are so long the page crashes my phone browser and the page is reloaded repeatedly is just counter productive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Hi Ian Tindale,
We understand this is a highly requested feature and your frustration (and everyone else's) for not having it available yet, but that doesn't justify hacking the thread and ruining the experience for everyone else - It doesn't make it any more clear than the 21 pages of comments this thread already has, neither will make its development any faster than what's possible with the time and resources we have. Thanks for understanding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ian Tindale said:

It’s on the way, then? That’s good news.

I agree that an official update on this would be appreciated. One that doesn’t treat us all like kids. It can be caveated, but it would be good to understand what the current aspirations are for when / which version this feature is targeted for @MEB

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, robinp said:

I’m not saying don’t post. I’m just asking to please be considerate of others who, most likely, agree with the sentiment. 
 

We all want this feature and have done for years. Yes, I’m pretty fed up about it too. But receiving 10 email notifications in quick succession, visiting the thread and actually struggling to get to the most recent post because some of yours are so long the page crashes my phone browser and the page is reloaded repeatedly is just counter productive.

I have to echo this sentiment.

This is not even a key feature for me, extensions and plugins are, but I am subscribed and considering the interest here along with the time elapsed this might be seen as a litmus test for AD's growth and development generally.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.