TomFulery

Envelope warping, object-distort, perspective tool or fisheye tool?

Ive spend some time to test out some alternative to Affinity Designer (that I really like), and saw someone mention Vectorstyler here...

‘It’s only for Mac and it’s free to test just now in a beta version...

Review? Sure, it’s jampacked with functionality and features, but, it’s slow, it’s not that intuitive, and, hard to master...

But, it’s still in beta, and the retail price will certainly be around what Affinity Designer costs...

But, there’s something with Affinity Designer that feels better, and, Affinity Suite is almost complete on three different platforms very soon, and that is an unbeatable advantage...

But, VectorStyler is free to test, so, maybe someone else here can say something about what they think of it?

24 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

Sure, it’s jampacked with functionality and features, but, it’s slow, it’s not that intuitive, and, hard to master...

Takes me forever to do simple stuff, the more complex stuff is even harder to figure out. But... It has some of the oft requested features for Designer ready to go and I think it will be a worthy contender. Another arrow in the quiver or tool in the box.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.8.2 | Affinity Photo 1.8.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.x.x

31 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

maybe someone else here can say something about what they think of it?

Doesn't work with/on older OSX versions, thus can't say anything about that one. - Same with Amadine which when released now needs macOS 10.12 or higher and before when in beta state, worked instead with OSX 10.11.6 too and was usable for simple vector based distortions.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

11 hours ago, Ambang23 said:

is there any faithful waiting for this feature in AD like me .... 😥😥😥

Yip, was just looking for this feature yesterday. I'm pushing everyone I know to buy the Affinity software as I feel it's a game changer. They need to pay catch-up with some features other software has had for many years, which for the most part they have done very well. That said it feels strange that features like this are missing.

12 hours ago, Ambang23 said:

is there any faithful waiting for this feature in AD like me .... 😥😥😥

Yepp! I would use it on most of the stuff I work on ------- just got to wait I suppose?

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009)
2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 - 2 GB
Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher 1.7.3 + Betas when available

Binger.jpg.1f81574106cc2dea8ae65d0a572b9ef9.jpg
www.bingercreative.co.uk

12 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Yip, was just looking for this feature yesterday. I'm pushing everyone I know to buy the Affinity software as I feel it's a game changer. They need to pay catch-up with some features other software has had for many years, which for the most part they have done very well. That said it feels strange that features like this are missing.

It is very strange that a tool like this is missing.
But even more strange is the request about this tool, which has already taken 5 years to come ...🤣🤣🤣

On 2/24/2020 at 7:23 AM, jstnhllmn said:

Taking bets on whether we’ll see this feature before Putin releases Donald’s Tape. Current money is even. 

😂