TonyB

Affinity Photo and Designer 1.6 have launched!

235 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

LOL @ 'security reasons'. Uh no, they do it to ensure they get a piece of the pie. It's called GREED. 

Nope. All apps bought through the Mac App Store include an anti-piracy & anti-malware feature that locally generates a receipt file encrypted with the Apple iD used when the app was bought. If the app has been altered, for example by someone injecting malevolent code into it & distributing that as 'free' version, or if the receipts file is missing or has been altered, the app will not run.

This protects both Apple's & Serif's "piece of the pie" but it also protects end users from malware posing as legitimate MAS apps.

Affinity Photo 1.6.6; Affinity Designer 1.6.0; AP for iPad 1.6.2 (but no supported iPad -- yet!)

macOS Sierra 10.12.6; iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM 

On 03/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, ohaya said:

Hi,

I am new here, but is it just me, or are the downloads really slow?

Thanks,

Jim

It's very very slow on my i7 desktop. Won't bother with the laptop. The software is so cool, but the performance negates that. I've had to purchase Photoshop recently because I can't be waiting for processors to finish. I think that once the software is more optimised then this truly will be a Photoshop killer. For now though I find myself using primirily Photoshop but will continue to learn/use Affinity Photo becuase I do see it as next-gen software.

Any comparison done between Affinity Photo 1.6 & Luminar 2018 which is being launched in 2 days?

Hi

I had the occasion to work on some photos yesterday night with the 1.6.6 version of AP on Mac and I had several crashes. I cannot give a specific manipulation to reproduce it, it wasn't complicated retouching, just few layers, few adjustments. It always happened when operating a change on the layer panel though, changing a visibility, adding a layer,...

I transfered all the crash reports to Apple.

I noticed it just because version 1.5 was very stable for me.

Tx

OS X 10.12 - AP 1.6.6 - AD 1.6

Hi, thanks for the new version.

Are there plans to provide an automatic upgrade installer at some point? It's simple enough to download and install, but it would be convenient if the process was a 1 click update.

Windows 10

I am happy to see that there is a new version 1.6.1 for download for both Designer and Photo (Windows). Where do I find the release notes?

Inoki and Txeroki like this

Medion Akoya laptop with Intel Core i5-5200U, 4 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home. Most Serif software, Affinity Designer and Photo.

2 hours ago, NilsFinken said:

I am happy to see that there is a new version 1.6.1 for download for both Designer and Photo (Windows). Where do I find the release notes?

I logged on here looking for the exact same thing since I am now updating to 1.6.1 of Designer :)

On 14/11/2017 at 3:01 AM, rainwilds said:

It's very very slow on my i7 desktop. Won't bother with the laptop. The software is so cool, but the performance negates that. I've had to purchase Photoshop recently because I can't be waiting for processors to finish. I think that once the software is more optimised then this truly will be a Photoshop killer. For now though I find myself using primirily Photoshop but will continue to learn/use Affinity Photo becuase I do see it as next-gen software.

I think its a bug. I had the same issues on my 2016 MBP, but suddenly everything was smooth again (dont remember why or when). Not it easily outperforms both Sketch and Photoshop.

7 hours ago, NilsFinken said:

I'll second that. Thanks to all at Serif. Hopefully this irons out all the crashes when working between both Photo & Designer.

They keep on crashing, both both Designer and Photo 1.61 (Win10). Still, I want to use them... so keep on debugging.. :)