MattP

Introduce Yourself

Hi I'm Stu,

I'm a scrum master and content developer who picked up affinity for an educational project as we needed to create some PDF documentation to go along with it. I'm by no means a designer but I managed to make something for our client that they loved, using Affinity. I've messed around with various packages before but was really pleased with how easy it was to pick up. Especially compared to ID or Scribus which I've used for projects in the past.

Been using forum posts to help with small queries and decided I should probably join given the frequency with which I visited. 

I'm a retired book paginator (who still freelances quite a bit). I've been using InDesign since version 1 and only just discovered Affinity a few weeks ago. After trying out Publisher for a few hours I was immensely impressed--especially when I opened a PDF and it was completely editable--so I bought it right away. I'm going to do the same with Photo, which will be replacing a very old version of Photoshop that is a bit wonky running in High Sierra.

It's so interesting watching this suite of applications grow and mature and I'm enjoying being a part of it. You've come a long way since Serif Page Plus (which I once had on a Windows PC so many moons ago)!!!

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone..... I'm Wayne and have been using Page Plus for over 24 years. Started doing Newsletters for a Flying Model club in Jamaica and then moved to Atlanta (USA) 22 years ago. I'm still flying model airplanes but moved over to Turbine Jet models 2 years ago. My real business is embroidery, which I still have www.sewbusy.com   but my passion is flying.

I still do flyers for club competition events, and I recently tried out the Affinity Publisher  (for Windows). It was a very easy transition for me. I'm very happy with the software and I'm sure I will expand with the other software available here.

THANKS for great programs over these many years! Here is an example of a flyer  I did for the NATIONAL Event for 2020. I used a template from my old Page Plus X7
Wayne

2020 NATS.png

Edited by SewBusy

Posted (edited)

Hi I'm Tolgan,

I have been working in video game industry since 2004 as 3d artist, and currently try out Affinity photo for personal projects.

Edited by Tolgan

Hello,

I am an amateur Photographer and full time Software Developer from Ontario Canada. I just recently purchased Affinity Photo to use along side Capture One. I replaced Lightroom with Capture One a while ago and want to replace my use of Photoshop with Affinity Photo as well. I have no questions yet but I am sure I will.

Hi Everyone !

I'm Cindy aka Ydnic, I'm currently a 2nd year student of BSc in Computer Science. On my free time, I use AP/AD since several months now,and until now I didn't really think about registering on the forum.
I'm happy to fix my mistake.
Glad to be here

Hello !

Long time Lightroom and PS Elements user here !     Won a copy of Affinity Photo and the Affinity Workbook in a competition so here I am.

Been a bit of a hobby photographer for years but in the last couple of years Ive not picked the camera up as much as I should. Trying to kick start myself back into it so some nice shiny new software and a learning curve should help !

:) 

18 hours ago, Chocolate Hobnob said:

Hello !

Long time Lightroom and PS Elements user here !     Won a copy of Affinity Photo and the Affinity Workbook in a competition so here I am.

Been a bit of a hobby photographer for years but in the last couple of years Ive not picked the camera up as much as I should. Trying to kick start myself back into it so some nice shiny new software and a learning curve should help !

:) 

congratulations on winning and getting an AP package and workbook. AP is a great software. I am a hobbyist and have used various applications for a variety of purposes like general photographs, extreme macros, panoramas etc. AP is capable for all this with great results. Most of the free photoshop tutorials are 90% applicable. Some work arounds and UI differences are there which one can figure out with a little effort. AP tutorials are also available and they are very good.

Hello everyone!

I signed up for Affinity last year but more recently been peeking around the forum. I do follow the hashtag on instagram and have been amazed at a lot of the creations.  I am digital artist. I have used Photoshop before, however I am not a fan of the cloud. Prior to affinity, I used alot of open source programs.  I do a lot of digital art and I have both photo and designer. I find that the programs do exactly what I need. i am excited to be apart

Hello everyone! 

My name is Jishnu Vediyoor and I am a designer and filmmaker from India. I came to know about affinity around two years back but was using photoshop all the time because it was used in all the workstations I had. recently I purchased both photo and designer. 

I use Adobe software for my office use and affinity for personal works. Affinity is very easy to handle and comfortable. I am sure affinity is one day going to replace adobe. it might take some time, but sure it will be like that one day! kudos to all who works behind! 

Hello to everyone. My name is Thomas J Herring from Portland Oregon in the USA. I’ve used the Adobe products off and on since the mid nineties, I think. It’s been so long that I’ve forgot. Anyway I had to use the Adobe cloud system and realized I wasn’t making enough money to justify using it but like a lot of users, I was stuck. Then Adobe decided to cut me off because my MacBook and IPad were 2008 and 2014 and outdated. A found Affinity when I stumbled onto J Cristina’s YouTube channel about cutting the chord to Adobe. I checked you out and went for it. I have all three Affinity software programs to go on my new MacBook Air and IPad.

What a change! I’m still experimenting on them. For now I’m working on the Designer program. It runs circles around Illustrator! I bought the Photo and Designer books and use the videos to help me figure things out. So far I love this. Thank you and and keep up the great work. I hope to do step by step artwork on YouTube someday using your product. Just do me a favor and don’t mess up a good thing by following Adobe business practice. What you have could go a long ways. I even downloaded Devinci Resolve for my animation work. If everything goes well I’m never going back to Adobe again.

TJ Herring 

On 1/1/2020 at 8:33 AM, janmathias said:

Hi,

After having used Photoshop I got tired of the ever increasing subscription costs I thought it is time to find a substitute. Here I am and will start a new learning process again. It is never too late - even for a 71 year old. :-)

I started using Affinity at 71! 

Hi all, 

I have used PagePlus since version 1 and currently use version X9  and have a couple of thousand files made with them.

I have a few questions that I need to know the answers for before I commit to changing over to the Affinity versions and I will post them , hopefully, in the relevant sections.

Hello

I've just purchased Affinity after a long break (20yrs) from Serif. I left Serif because I moved to Apple and Mac was not supported sat that time. I invented in Creative Suite but the 64bit OS does not support it and the regular subscription for casual use of Adobe products is unreasonable. Let's hope I find the transition easy!.

I'm an Olympus user and format all shots to 8x5 landscape (hence Oly85). I'm a "happy snapper" and do it it for fun.