You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Introduce Yourself

MattP

• Staff

Hi Donuk,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is done automatically to all new forums users and it's a measure to prevent spammers from posting nasty stuff on the forums as soon as they register. It has nothing to do with you in particular as you may guess. Your post was already approved so you can now use the forum freely without your content being hidden. Thanks for understanding. 

On 10/25/2019 at 5:44 PM, Donuk said:

Just joined and just discovered, and then purchased Affinity Photo.

I am retired and a keen photographer (I use Olympus - like a small camera).  I spend most of my time oil painting for commission and exhibitions.

Welcome Donuk. It's good to have both your and your talents join the forum :)  Thank you for introducing yourself.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:21 AM, Rogueheraldry said:

Hey everyone. I am Mark (Rogue Heraldry). I love creating digital heraldry and coats of arms. I have Affinity Designer, and I just bought the workbook. I am hoping to add to my knowledge.

Hey Mark! Thank you for introducing yourself. Sharing your skills when you can will, I am sure, be much appreciated by our forum members.

• Staff

@Steve007, @YuekHahn, @Mechadeh

Welcome to each of you to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My nickname is Alan Shore. I am Belgian, retired, and passionate about graphics. Following three strokes, my memory abilities were greatly affected. So I use Affinity software to remuster my brain and keep it a minimum of functionality.

My mother tongue is French, but thanks to Google Translate, I speak and understand English very well and also lots of other languages :). If you want the forum in French, follow this link 

Feel free to ask me questions about Affinity's programs, it forces me to look for answers and it fills my loneliness.

Friendships to you all.

French talking, but I can use Google Translate :)

User of Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher

macOS Catalina (10.15.1 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7 | Ram : 64 Go | Radeon Pro 580

Hello to all! New to this forum and new to Mac and Affinity. So much to learn. Serif have been very good but I think an instruction manual might be a good idea. Are there any? 

Was using Windows and Photoshop Elements 19. Won't work on Catalina as I'm sure many will know. 

Regards.

Hello petegeoff,

Welcome to the community and welcome to macOS (you will not regret it).

Affinity software has good documentation.

First in the software themselves (look at the Help menu)
Then on the internet :

- Tutorials

Without forgetting the literature (see the shop):

- Affinity Designer Workbook

- Affinity Photo Workbook

Les livres.png

Internet.png

Aide.png

French talking, but I can use Google Translate :)

User of Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher

macOS Catalina (10.15.1 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7 | Ram : 64 Go | Radeon Pro 580

Je me présente sous ManonStef.   J'étais une grande fan de Serif.  Une grande utilisatrice de modèles que je transformais selon mes projets "Brochures", "affiches", "albums", etc....  J'espère retrouver avec Affinity Publisher des modèles aussi intéressants sinon plus.    Merci de me guider a travers toutes les nouveautés Affinity/Serif.   Bonne journée à tous.   

Hi. im a newbie to this digital stuff, both photography and editing, my previous life was 35mm film and 2 Minolta X700s. So first of probably many questions, got the work book but cant find a start point, might be missing something, eg, do I need to download things ?, if so from where?, all help answers greatly accepted, thanks. Me 64 nearly 65, welder fabricator fitter, like motorbikes, landrovers, sci fi reading, real ale and don't believe we ever stop learning hence the new start in digital .

I've been doing photography for a long time. Was even a freelancer until about 15 years ago. Went digital 2002 but packed it all in and went to live in Spain. Stayed 5 years and came back 10 years ago. Just do charity stuff now and for a couple of friends. All people photography. I'm on Facebook. I'm new to Affinity as I bought an Apple Mac, updated to Catalina and found out Adobe didn't work! Need to find people that can help me get over this. 

Regards, Pete. 

On 11/9/2019 at 12:20 PM, AlanShore said:

Hello. My nickname is Alan Shore. I am Belgian, retired, and passionate about graphics. Following three strokes, my memory abilities were greatly affected. So I use Affinity software to remuster my brain and keep it a minimum of functionality.

My mother tongue is French, but thanks to Google Translate, I speak and understand English very well and also lots of other languages :). If you want the forum in French, follow this link 

Feel free to ask me questions about Affinity's programs, it forces me to look for answers and it fills my loneliness.

Friendships to you all.

Hello Alan,

Warm welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of our health difficulties and their affect on your memory. Hope you manage to reverse - or at least reduce - the disabling impact of those strokes.

Have substantial memory problems myself due to environmental  illness (chemical injury) and its consequent damage to the blood/brain barrier. So I can resonate with you on that score. Hmm. Lost my thread there... what was I saying again?  :D

Onwards and upwards..

Namaste.

3 hours ago, petegeoff said:

I've been doing photography for a long time. Was even a freelancer until about 15 years ago. Went digital 2002 but packed it all in and went to live in Spain. Stayed 5 years and came back 10 years ago. Just do charity stuff now and for a couple of friends. All people photography. I'm on Facebook. I'm new to Affinity as I bought an Apple Mac, updated to Catalina and found out Adobe didn't work! Need to find people that can help me get over this. 

Regards, Pete. 

Affinity’s working on all known bugs.  It just may be combination of Affinity and macOS Catalina and iPadOS.  Affinity is not the only Photo or programs not friendly with Catalina. 

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Hello to everyone. I'm now a silver serif. I used serif PagePlus when it was first issued in 1987, working my way through all Serif programmes. PagePlus, DrawPlus, PhotoPlus and MoviePlus. Enjoyed them all. Retired and used Page Plus to produce my two books. When Serif discontinued the legacy programmes, I was one of the 'miffed'. Did not really connect with the Affinity programme.

I'm now eating my words. Serif is back, and better, with the Affinity suite. I've used the beta programmes and have enjoyed re-learning the basics of Photo and Publisher. Really impressed with Publisher. Have now seen the interview with Ashley Hewson and understand what he and Serif have been working toward.

Thank you to all at Serif. Guess what my Christmas present to me will be?

Regards

Ross

Welcome! Affinity apps are a lot of fun (and yet very good for serious work. Or serious fun  ;) )

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Hello everyone

After a very long time researching editing programs, i found Affinity Photo. There are lots of tutorials and videos to use. So far I am very impressed.

But my question is how is the best for a beginner way to learn this program.. it is so nice that is an up to date program.

Thank you so much for your help.

Dave Green