You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will you need beta testers out in the field? 

I am starting a side/personal project that is a magazine. And I am hoping to start building it with Publisher -- rather than using my work computer and InDesign. Don't get me wrong. I love InDesign. I just can't afford to pay such a steep price and have it as a subscription. I am glad to see Affinity is providing a straight product purchase model. 

So, I am really looking forward to Publisher. Keep up the great work.

Ditto on the good work and really looking forward to Publisher.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After so long of waiting for publisher, I have quietly resigned myself to "it gets here, when it gets here...as long as it's done right when it gets here." In the meantime...I'm learning Quark. I will still support Affinity through AD and APh (I've got both versions for Mac and Windows) and will buy Publisher when it comes out couldn't wait any longer as I need something I could work with on a project and couldn't see myself going back and forth betwixt PC and Mac all day (there are some Mac-only workflows unfortunately tied up in this from the client's end). Bought a copy of quark 2015 with my tax refund and am waiting for it to arrive. Got my $50 ready for publisher, too, whenever it's ready.

This is not said in any way to badmouth APub. It's just going to take as long as it takes, and we need to recognize that and move on...until it's ready.

Affinity, never should have announced Publisher, we all know that.  I hope they leaned from this mistake, so how should they proceed?  First of all giving a false date will only make people more upset, so they started out right by saying when it is done.  But one way soothe their mea culpa would be to start to give monthly production updates.  That way people can see progress, and know things are actually being done.

Are they right? ;)

QXP 2017 is out on the 24th of this month. I would have suggested at least obtaining QXP 2016. Version 2017 is yet even nicer, though.

Tempting. But if I buy that, there will be no getting Affinity Publisher

No need to rush this at all. Just wanted to express my delight that it will even come at some point above. In the meantime, i think everyone can get the last version of Page Plus, i did so, and just use that. :) I haven't even scratched the surface of that one TBH. What i do like about the Affinity applications though is that they seem to be simple, and clear, but very deep, if you dig into them. That's how it like it. Page Plus is a bit overwhelming with all the interface complexity, i hope Publisher is more in line with the Affinity products. But, i'd be surprised if it wasn't.

BTW, $50, as Quarian stated? Has that been announced somewhere? I thought it'd be more like $100 plus (which, frankly, would be fair enough for a DTP software. Just take a look at how much InDesign CC costs...). Of course, i wouldn't complain if it costs $50 in the end ;), just doubting that it'll happen.

No need to rush this at all. Just wanted to express my delight that it will even come at some point above. In the meantime, i think everyone can get the last version of Page Plus, i did so, and just use that. :) I haven't even scratched the surface of that one TBH. What i do like about the Affinity applications though is that they seem to be simple, and clear, but very deep, if you dig into them. That's how it like it. Page Plus is a bit overwhelming with all the interface complexity, i hope Publisher is more in line with the Affinity products. 

No, not everyone can get PagePlus...

Mac mini M1 / Ryzen 5600H & RTX3050 mobile / iPad Pro 1st - all with latest non beta release of Affinity

I've read on this forum that when Publisher is released that it will be years before it contains all the functionality that Page Plus currently has.  So it would be a good idea to get Page Plus at the ridiculously low price it is at now and run the two side by side. The problem stated is that Publisher won't import PP extensions.  The work around to this would be to use PDF between applications.

Page Plus is for Windows, not for Macs.

Publisher will be ready when it's ready.

Stay calm and keep the faith.

But but, you know that for Windows users and for Apple users that are not adverse to also running Windows, PP is a viable option?

Not that there are not native applications for the Mac, but I don't know of any that are both as capable and cost effective...

But but, you know that for Windows users and for Apple users that are not adverse to also running Windows, PP is a viable option?

Not that there are not native applications for the Mac, but I don't know of any that are both as capable and cost effective...

The cost effectiveness is diminished somewhat if you factor in the cost of buying Windows so you can run PP on a Mac.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

The cost effectiveness is diminished somewhat if you factor in the cost of buying Windows so you can run PP on a Mac.

The cost can be looked at as only the Windows cost as PP is almost nothing. And a new license for Windows is far less than a new license of QuarkXpress. It is also well less than a new license for the professional version of Viva Designer. And it is less than a few or more years of renting an Adobe solution.

Cost is relative to its comparitives.

And there are users here that already are running Windows on their Macs for other applications. For them it is the less cost solution, eh? And for those who are not running Windows on their Macs, that do not desire to rent from Adobe, it is still the lesser cost solution(s).

Or, the Mac users can simply wait for Apub and wait even longer for it to be useful for a broad range of layout work. Or bodge stuff together in whatever. I could actually care less. What is offered are solutions to layout work issues. What exactly would you propose?

Mike, I'm not proposing anything, just pointing out that for Mac users there is more to it than the cost of PP alone.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7