You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff
4 minutes ago, mpreed said:

Anyone able to view the 'What's New' videos on the Learn tab? Youtube says they are private

Welcome to the Forums @mpreed :)

These are showing correctly for me here when using a browser that is not logged into youtube - however the videos have only been recently unprivated and therefore this may take a short while to update on your end. I'd recommend trying a different web browser or refreshing the page.

If you're still seeing this in an hour or so, please don't hesitate to let me know here!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
1 minute ago, Donloggins said:

I just installed photo 2 for my iPad, how do I import my photo 1 images into photo 2

Please see the below FAQ regarding this - 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Just now, Donloggins said:

I just installed photo 2 for my iPad, how do I import my photo 1 images into photo 2

I'm not on an iPad, I but I think it's similar: V2 can open any V1 files without problems/conversion. On Windows, you'll get a prompt, tho. Asking you, if you want to open the original or if you want to create a copy (because once saved in V2 format, V1 apps can't open the file any longer).

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

16 minutes ago, mrqasq said:

I happily paid for universal license, without even reading what I bought beforehand.

Did the same. Grabbed the CC and purchased it without looking at the rest.
And so far, I am a light interface user. Because I get headaches from dark mode (yes I do). And the light interface of version 2 is not great. If I may.

For the rest it is discovery time. Set all the settings to the previous version. So there shouldn't be a too large learning curve.

Anybody else weren't able to download the iPad version?
Mine says it is the wrong e-mail. Weird.

Edit: It did work. Downloading now.
I am very excited though.

Edited by Ries.NL

Blend Tool

Promised since 2015 and 2017 and to come before version 2.0

Now in November 2022 we have version 2.0 but no blend tool.

🤷‍♂️  

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

Very satisfied with the Affinity suite and surely NOT disappointed! We cannot have it all and some things have to be left to be looked out for in a future release.

I would also liked a blend tool which was also on my wish list. But I do understand we cannot have it all. Something has to be left to look forward too.

Thank you Serif - Affinity team for  the excellent work done! This is a super-great new release. Indeed, something "big" happened today.

Chris

5 minutes ago, Bad_Wolf said:

Very satisfied with the Affinity suite and surely NOT disappointed! We cannot have it all and some things have to be left to be looked out for in a future release.

I would also liked a blend tool which was also on my wish list. But I do understand we cannot have it all. Something has to be left to look forward too.

Thank you Serif - Affinity team for  the excellent work done! This is a super-great new release. Indeed, something "big" happened today.

Chris

Unless they added absolutely everything they could possibly add then some people are bound to complain, that’s life and you can’t win with everyone.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

11 minutes ago, Bad_Wolf said:

Chris

Well said! Also very satisfied myself. Especially price wise. So far all apps are amazingly fast. Shape-builder in designer, and studio link available on the iPad. Couldn't give Serif my money fast enough this morning! xD Cheers Serif!

Dear Serif - You really let me down with the release of version 2. The release of APublisher for iPad in particular is a huge blow to me.
Your AffinityMakesMeSad

P.S. good job ladies and gentlemen 👍

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

1 hour ago, prophet said:

What happened to that kid on the couch? Overcome with awesomeness and just passed out?

Stayed up all night hoping for a midnight release, I guess.

I woke up around 2 for feeding (was 8a there), but didn't see an update. Morning routine started, so now to look into the goodies..

1 hour ago, Andy05 said:

On Windows, you'll get a prompt, tho. Asking you, if you want to open the original or if you want to create a copy (because once saved in V2 format, V1 apps can't open the file any longer).

Same thing on MAC.   I am keeping v.1 on my Mac as well as v.2 for the time being.  Right now, as I become familiar with all that v.2 has to offer, or that is new, I create a copy for v.2, just in case I gum things up and want to locate the v.1 file again.  V2 looks wonderful!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

44 minutes ago, BAKAI said:

Agreed with you after download the trial of APub 2.0.

It still does not support basic feature of  LTR Indic Language 🤐. And yes Serif offer a great price. 😀

They had said pre-v2 on Twitter iirc that this would not be ready yet as type is coded in a way it makes it difficult to implement. So probably will be a bit.

1 hour ago, jmwellborn said:

Same thing on MAC.   I am keeping v.1 on my Mac as well as v.2 for the time being.  Right now, as I become familiar with all that v.2 has to offer, or that is new, I create a copy for v.2, just in case I gum things up and want to locate the v.1 file again.  V2 looks wonderful!

I’ve been using it for a while and for what I’ve done it doesn’t get gummed up or crash, but then I’m not using all its features (although others have). So I’ve not been concerned about starting new projects in v2 rather than sticking to v1 to be safe and personally don’t see a need to load up the old version any more.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me