safoster71

TARGA file please?

12 posts in this topic

greetings!  i know you guys are buried, but i wonder if you could move targa file compatibility up the list a bit?   Not so much for me, as for the rest of my department at work (yes, i got my entire department at the tv station to go/buy Affinity Photo)   While i have a temporary work around (open in Preview, then copy paste) we work with ALOT of legacy targa files (20 years worth) ... so perhaps the next update... please?  :-)

William Cartwright likes this

Great!

There are still many television switchers out there that require TARGA files to load images. It is a big plus for those of us who work in television to not need to resort to workarounds. 

Thank you for meeting our niche needs, it is things like this that make lives easier for broadcast professionals.

Bravo!

William Cartwright

aitte likes this

Also want support to export .tga file, as we are using Unreal Engine, that doesnt support 16/32Bit png. We need it for alpha channels etc.

Would be nice to get this asap :)

I second this, TGA output would be very useful as my game engine only supports tga's

writing uncompressed targa files is actually quite easy as its a simple file format. (support for exporting compressed tga's would be even cooler)

cheers

safoster71 likes this

Exploring Affinity as a replacement for Photoshop for broadcast television. Targa (.tga) export/save-as with alpha channel is a must-have for on-screen display in systems like Newsticker. Hoping for this ability in the next release?

This is upsetting news honestly. A lot of game devs indie and pro use TGA + Alpha. That's a pretty huge market you are leaving out. You just need to convince them that this app is a better alternative to PS honestly and I thought it was UNTIL I discovered this problem with TGA's and Alpha's.

Not to mention your channels stuff is pretty insane. I saw a previous thread on this topic. Maybe you guys could make an alternative mode or app all together for game devs? 

Back to the point. I am not pleased with my purchase now and I hope that I may be able to get a refund. Having seen that the site said full TGA support on import and it's not even doing that properly with alphas.