Can I please bump this thread? This feature is really, really needed. Like super important. I was shocked that wasn't implemented yet. I realize we can go with the boolean operators but that is just ... not the same.

Thanks.

Yes. I don't understand this monster fault.

A design program without a knife tool???! WTF?!

Road map?!...

It should have been implemented since version Alfa. ...because Beta is already stupid! And at the moment we're far ahead in the alphabet: (

On 6/12/2019 at 2:01 PM, pointery said:

Its on the road map.

The roadmap was deleted by Serif.

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

I would love to know what is so special about the knife tool. I'm not trying to be condescending. I've just never found it that useful.

17 hours ago, Bryce said:

I would love to know what is so special about the knife tool. I'm not trying to be condescending. I've just never found it that useful.

If you need it, you need it. If you don't need it then it is just clutter in the toolbar.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

18 hours ago, Bryce said:

There are different ways of working/designing. Some people build their designs from basic shapes and then cut off the parts they don't need. This can be accomplished with guide lines and adding nodes and breaking the shape. The knife tool would simply cut through. Preferably with a SHIFT+click and perhaps snapping along a line across the canvas.

Personally I am happy with the node tool and breaking apart. Or the geometry fuctions. But the knive tool can be a shortcut (no pun intended) in some situations.

This tutorial gives you an idea of what can be done with it: 

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.458)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

18 hours ago, Bryce said:

If you prefer to create another object and then cut or divide that's fine. But some of us like it more fast when in basic geometry: Just chose the knife tool and cut (Straight or freehand). Simple and fast! And really freehand if using a tablet...

Sure, for a more complex geometry cut, better use a division operation for example.

Also, agree with Glickyeraser tool is also nice to have! (specially when using a tablet)