Merde

ETA of Affinity Designer 1.7.0 customer beta

I think they will be come soon. The Beta Forums are opened again and so it can´t be much longer until the new Beta Versions will come.

Win 10 Home Edition    AP 1.7.1.404    AD 1.7.1.404    APUB 1.7.1.404     ...and the current Beta´s

Have a nice day.

8 minutes ago, Uwe367 said:

I think they will be come soon. The Beta Forums are opened again and so it can´t be much longer until the new Beta Versions will come.

And the betas of Designer and Photo 1.7 for Mac have been released.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

And the betas of Designer and Photo 1.7 for Mac have been released.

@walt.farrell
Yes, i saw it and in my opinion the Windows Betas will be com soon. I hope they will be public before weekend. Then i have enough time for testing them:D

Win 10 Home Edition    AP 1.7.1.404    AD 1.7.1.404    APUB 1.7.1.404     ...and the current Beta´s

Have a nice day.

I can smell they are being cooked (compiled).

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

I mean that i can smell them too :D
I have read the Improvements, Fixes and new Features in the Mac froum and when the same comes in the Windowas Versions, we have much to test, but i´m looking forward to it.

Have a nice day.

@MEB
Thanks for the Information  :)

Have a nice day.

My sense of smell is lacking, I see.

:(

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

I also want and i can´t wait to test it, but it was right to make them not public if there is an issue which must be sorted out first. It´s better to wait than to crash the PC.
You´re doing a very, very good Job, guys at affinity. Thumbs up.

Have a nice day.

I find myself checking every hour or two if Beta is there :D Now - I know its silly, I know it will be there when they finish solving problems and thats fine. Thats how it suppose to be. But damn, Affinity got me actually excited about updates again.
When I was using software of that other, rental company (name of which starts with letter A too followed by D and O and few others...) I got practically immune to update hype because I knew theres  nothing interesting coming. Few changes to content aware, some gimmick, some bloat, further integration with their "cloud"... And new bill of course. But since I have discovered Affinity I find pleasure in working again. Even if it lacks some of the tools I was using before it has this.. something. I love working using Affinity software. So now... I am really hyped for 1.7 beta. Reading that list of changes again and again :D

Just a quick update. We were planning on releasing the new beta for Windows on Monday (4 days ago), but unfortunately we discovered a bug which was crashing Windows 7 machines to crash when launching the apps. I considered launching the beta for Windows 10 users only, but ultimately decided that we should wait until the issue has been fully resolved. Unfortunately it's taking a little longer than expected, but hopefully it will be available soon.

@Mark Ingram
Thanks for your Info and in my opinion it´s ok that you wait until the bug is completly sorted out. But i must say... when i read the list of improvements, fixes and new features in the Mac Forums, i wish that the new betas would come out today. If not, it´s not bad, but it´s a pity.
You are doing a great job :)

Have a nice day.

16 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Just a quick update. We were planning on releasing the new beta for Windows on Monday (4 days ago), but unfortunately we discovered a bug which was crashing Windows 7 machines to crash when launching the apps. I considered launching the beta for Windows 10 users only, but ultimately decided that we should wait until the issue has been fully resolved. Unfortunately it's taking a little longer than expected, but hopefully it will be available soon.

Mark,

Could you please tell us whether you are planning to release both AD and APh at the same time ?

@Uwe367 I too would greatly appreciate to test (= "play with") APhoto this WE :)

Cheers,

Patrick

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

@Pattou
I´d like to do that on the weekend too. I´m so curious :D

Have a nice day.

So cool that you didn't went with Win10 only option. I am still on Win7 :D I got too much serious work to do to deal with win10 shenanigans, but sure enough I will have to switch to it soon...

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Windows 7 = 20% of our Windows user-base. Working really hard to make this happen for all customers.

Thumbs up for you. My respect is for you.

Have a nice day.

12 minutes ago, Uwe367 said:

Thumbs up for you. My respect is for you.

Hmm, I cannot add any more "like" today but I fully concur with you...

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

I have one Question about the improvements because i could not find it in the list in the Mac Forum.
Some weeks ago i opened an issue because the boolean operations gave bad results back in some circumstances. Is this fixed or improved in the new Beta?

Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Uwe367 said:

Some weeks ago i opened an issue because the boolean operations gave bad results back in some circumstances. Is this fixed or improved in the new Beta?

Sorry this issue is not one of those yet addressed (myref AFD-794)

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry this issue is not one of those yet addressed (myref AFD-794)

Ok. Thank you Patrick.

Have a nice day.