You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ETA of Affinity Designer 1.7.0 customer beta

8 minutes ago, Uwe367 said:

I think they will be come soon. The Beta Forums are opened again and so it can´t be much longer until the new Beta Versions will come.

And the betas of Designer and Photo 1.7 for Mac have been released.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

And the betas of Designer and Photo 1.7 for Mac have been released.

@walt.farrell
Yes, i saw it and in my opinion the Windows Betas will be com soon. I hope they will be public before weekend. Then i have enough time for testing them:D

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

I mean that i can smell them too :D
I have read the Improvements, Fixes and new Features in the Mac froum and when the same comes in the Windowas Versions, we have much to test, but i´m looking forward to it.

Have a nice day.

I also want and i can´t wait to test it, but it was right to make them not public if there is an issue which must be sorted out first. It´s better to wait than to crash the PC.
You´re doing a very, very good Job, guys at affinity. Thumbs up.

Have a nice day.

I find myself checking every hour or two if Beta is there :D Now - I know its silly, I know it will be there when they finish solving problems and thats fine. Thats how it suppose to be. But damn, Affinity got me actually excited about updates again.
When I was using software of that other, rental company (name of which starts with letter A too followed by D and O and few others...) I got practically immune to update hype because I knew theres  nothing interesting coming. Few changes to content aware, some gimmick, some bloat, further integration with their "cloud"... And new bill of course. But since I have discovered Affinity I find pleasure in working again. Even if it lacks some of the tools I was using before it has this.. something. I love working using Affinity software. So now... I am really hyped for 1.7 beta. Reading that list of changes again and again :D

Just a quick update. We were planning on releasing the new beta for Windows on Monday (4 days ago), but unfortunately we discovered a bug which was crashing Windows 7 machines to crash when launching the apps. I considered launching the beta for Windows 10 users only, but ultimately decided that we should wait until the issue has been fully resolved. Unfortunately it's taking a little longer than expected, but hopefully it will be available soon.

@Mark Ingram
Thanks for your Info and in my opinion it´s ok that you wait until the bug is completly sorted out. But i must say... when i read the list of improvements, fixes and new features in the Mac Forums, i wish that the new betas would come out today. If not, it´s not bad, but it´s a pity.
You are doing a great job :)

Have a nice day.

• Staff

Windows 7 = 20% of our Windows user-base. Working really hard to make this happen for all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I have one Question about the improvements because i could not find it in the list in the Mac Forum.
Some weeks ago i opened an issue because the boolean operations gave bad results back in some circumstances. Is this fixed or improved in the new Beta?

Have a nice day.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Uwe367 said:

Some weeks ago i opened an issue because the boolean operations gave bad results back in some circumstances. Is this fixed or improved in the new Beta?

Sorry this issue is not one of those yet addressed (myref AFD-794)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Windows 7 = 20% of our (Windows) user-base. Working really hard to make this happen for all customers.

Just out of curiosity, if you happen to have such data and are willing to share: what is current Windows / Mac user-base ratio?

BTW, does vector and photo persona finally work in Affinity Publisher after installing 1.7 betas?

• Staff
15 minutes ago, Merde said:

if you happen to have such data and are willing to share: what is current Windows / Mac user-base ratio?

Sorry, too many of these and our business is too exposed, if you don't mind I will duck out here.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 hour ago, Merde said:

, does vector and photo persona finally work in Affinity Publisher after installing 1.7 betas

It was announced earlier that they wouldn't, and posts yon the Mac forums say they don't.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1