You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

We are live, and thank you!!!

6 hours ago, Grunt said:

Is there any roadmap/feature plan for what is planned next or when will be Affinity Suite v3 released? Is there even any future plan?

if you want to give Serif more money I'm sure you can buy a few extra licenses and hand them out as gifts, or put them in a drawer as un-used.  As for me, I'm hoping we see years worth of updates on the v2 platform we all just paid for after the upgrade from v1.  

The competition made some revolutionary changes in their products in the last year, and AI is taking hold on virtually all other platforms than Affinity (and Capture One)  so I'm expecting Serif to continue the update path to remain relevant as the price went up substantially over time.  

Many thanks for the new 2.2 update. A very impressive and extensive bug fixture list combined with some new fantastic features.. and undoubtedly a lot of work!
I really like the new 'Object Creation Data Entry' and 'Move Data Entry' ...features 
I for one really appreciate what you have achieved and will achieve in future updates...keep it up! 

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2430
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

15 hours ago, tzvi20 said:

In how many weeks will 2.3 start in? Really looking forward to a blend tool.

Don't put unnecessary & indirect time pressure on the dev team, the latest releases again introduced a bunch of new bugs & issues (...not to name old so far still unfixed things, which can also trigger unwanted side effects for new features), which IMO would be more essiential to fix first at all, in order to get overall more stable and well behaving apps. - Also AFAI can see, somehow the software quality assurance has overall deteriorated since the beginning of the version 2 cycle. As many bugs & issues here are only discovered/detected after the major releases and not during the beta test phases. - Looks like we (the community) also have to do a better assistent job in testing the Affinity apps more carefully.

Otherwise, to also express some praise for the Serif Affinity team here, I know how difficult and time-consuming it can be to work on large and complex software projects and then always have to react promptly to new, constant OS substructures and all other influential software changes around. Add to that all the internal administrative work... etc. So keep on rolling, it can only get better and don't let yourself get too much stressed and burn out.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 9/21/2023 at 8:07 PM, BobMoyer said:

Why worry about v3 when v2 is currently being developed, improved and released?  Lets give the developers a break.

It is a normal thing to draw when you're developing anything. I'm used to it from OSS development. Sorry if I asked for something secretive. That didn't occur to me.

57 хвилин тому v_kyr сказав:

many bugs & issues here are only discovered/detected after the major releases and not during the beta test phases.

Part of the reason I disagree with you is that some of the issues I reported early on were ignored, and after the release, users started writing about them as well.
It turns out that it is better: to fix the errors, or to rush the release and got criticism, because if the errors that were found by, say, 100 beta testers are not fixed, what will be when million users will use programs. Of course, the quality will deteriorate, and hundreds of new ones will be added to these errors.

A reasonable balance needs to be found between the frequency of updates and the introduction of new features.

It is better to release small patches with bug fixes every week or two, then there will be no such consequences.

I like Affinity programs.
Mostly, I look for bugs and write about them. I want the programs to become better.

The best praise for the developers of Affinity, I think, when at least one day on the forum there is no message about crashes in the programs. I hope it will be so soon.

Thank You.

28 minutes ago, anto said:

Part of the reason I disagree with you is that some of the issues I reported early on were ignored, and after the release, users started writing about them as well.
It turns out that it is better: to fix the errors, or to rush the release and face criticism, because if the errors that were found by, say, 100 beta testers are not fixed, what will be said when the program will start to be used by millions of users. Of course, the quality will deteriorate, and hundreds of new ones will be added to these errors.

(Re)read what I wrote and reinterpret it again in a more general fashion and of course you can expand/include what I've said above about unfixed errors/issues back to v1 times here. - Which BTW is something a bunch of people (including me) had already often said long time ago, during early v1 times and even before you participated in this forum. - As a result, I personally see something like this (fixing errors first) as a general matter of course.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

19 hours ago, debraspicher said:

I was referring to the Blend functionality.

I think there’s a very good chance, as they seem to prefer using different names to equivalent tools and functions used in Adobe!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

(Re)read what I wrote and reinterpret it again in a more general fashion and of course you can expand/include what I've said above about unfixed errors/issues back to v1 times here. - Which BTW is something a bunch of people (including me) had already often said long time ago, during early v1 times and even before you participated in this forum. - As a result, I personally see something like this (fixing errors first) as a general matter of course.

I meant that even the bugs that were discovered during beta testing were not fixed.

2 hours ago, anto said:

I meant that even the bugs that were discovered during beta testing were not fixed.

Sadly! - I can only guess/assume here that the team wanted to throw out a release, as it was somehow under time pressure since some people here in the forum are always pushing for new releases and features. The consequences and effects of this pushing are currently apparent. - I can only advise users to be a little bit more patient in general while waiting for new releases and so giving the dev team overall more time, because the more essential bugs are fixed beforehand, the more stable and usable the applications will generally be.

14 hours ago, v_kyr said:

some people here in the forum are always pushing for new releases and features.

I fully agree! I've never understood the mania that some people have for getting endless updates, as fast as possible, whether they are ready or not –  "Never mind the quality, feel the width!"

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

On 9/24/2023 at 2:07 AM, PaulEC said:

... I've never understood the mania that some people have for getting endless updates, as fast as possible, whether they are ready or not ...

Back in the day it was "If it compiles; Ship it!"

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:03 PM, v_kyr said:

some people here in the forum are always pushing for new releases and features

Maybe because what get's released is so underwhelming and decades behind compared to other software and not thoroughly tested by real users.
That's why it is never going to be what those users expected and that's why they are pushing.
Don't come with that same old same old argument its a small team adage because that is really getting stale.
There are numerous smaller, even one person, developer teams that get things done for multiple OS's.

1 hour ago, Return said:

Maybe because what get's released is so underwhelming and decades behind compared to other software and not thoroughly tested by real users.
That's why it is never going to be what those users expected and that's why they are pushing.

Maybe, but then those users wouldn't be always so exicited afterwards about every new released version and also express more their displeasure in apps behavior, instead of asking after the next release date with coming new features.

1 hour ago, Return said:

Don't come with that same ...

It's more a matter of good testing & bug tracking, bug prioritization and the overall handling/organization of error processing and bug fixing.

I can list a few bugs that still impact my machine. In my case, it means running my DPI scaling lower on my primary monitor which means that across my system I have to deal with text/UI being smaller. (I have a larger screen on a monitor arm and good enough eyes, but it's not a tenable solution for some).

I raised my DPI back up to 150% and immediately checking pixel mode, I get this. One of the bugs I have reported and since forgotten about:

image.thumb.png.ec7f8faa7ce8fe55c11edd649384d347.png

Pixel/Retena Mode scales incorrectly when Windows 10 DPI scaling >= 150%:

Garbled behavior Zoom Levels 201% ~ 399% in Pixel Mode:

Oh, and Coverage Map is still broken:

Please review the patching and release process. It's been a week since the last release. People keep writing about the bug with the DELETE button. Why not make the patching process more flexible? Every 2-3 days, for example, instead of weeks, they don't need to be tested. Or as complaints are received. This is how, for example, a Vectorstyler is updated, from 3 to 7, 14 days, depending on the criticality of the errors. When I reported a problem with two monitors, a patch was ready in two days.

Try not to compare a single vector program to a complete suite.
The team at Serif is perhaps to large where to many developers are working on separate modules that needs to work together after the compiling.

But patches should occur on a weekly basis imo.
Now they self test >beta>patch all in an average 2 week cycle for beta users only.
But the release versions are on an average 3 month basis.
So non beta users are ff'd.

I think if they create a standard patch cycle on a weekly or 2 week basis for all users it would provide confidence by all users.
This gains traction as people feel they are getting heard and are treated seriously.
It also means that there may be more bugs reported but that might be better as they can be resolved sooner.

On 9/26/2023 at 1:30 AM, Return said:

And they aren't.

What happened between beta 2005 and the release version that went so wrong?

icc issues,shortcut issues,ui issues,text box issues just to name few.

If they can't get a few shortcuts in the code, how are they ever going to find a bug

This sounds like those things worked in the beta version, but then no longer worked in the final build, which I somehow doubt as the latest release version is AFAI can see based on that version. Though of course I don't know how their build processes are overall setup & organized, so if they use something like Jenkins etc. in order to build betas & releases.

3 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

This sounds like those things worked in the beta version, but then no longer worked in the final build, which I somehow doubt as the latest release version is AFAI can see based on that version. Though of course I don't know how their build processes are overall setup & organized, so if they use something like Jenkins etc. in order to build betas & releases.

I think they may have put in some last minute alterations that is now acting up.
One can give it any number but for all we know the digits after the comma isn't seen by us mere mortals.