You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Noise reduction ,denoise new download 1.7.0 is not working big bug!!!!

It does work with me. Maybe it's not as big a bug as it seems, but something which only occurs under certain circumstances. I'm on MacOS.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Hello @merivera2001,

welcome to this forum.
For me, works very well the new denoise filter.
What does not works for you with denoise filter, can you the bug make it more specific?

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

I thought it wasn't working too, then realised the new version is EXTREMELY subtle (to the point where it does not remove clearly visible noise), and no 'extreme' option any more...

Very disappointed to be honest, I'll have to use PS and ditch Affinity Photo now... NOT happy because I'd grown to prefer Affinity :( 

Try duplicating the Denoise layer, I'll sometimes apply several smaller settings and duplicate the Denoise layer, this will sometimes give a better overall finish. You can also create masks so that more or less denoise is applied to specific area's. Try it it might work for you. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I'm on newest macOS and Denoise doesn't seem to work at all. The extreme option was part of my workflow to make interior shots look just AWESOME - now it's gone. If this doesn't get fixed fast I'll have to somehow go back to the old version, so please guys: help us here and fix this..

I see Denoise working on Mac on both the retail and the latest beta. It is perhaps more subtle in the Develop Persona but it does work. If you want extreme just use it in the Photo Persona as a Live Filter and duplicate (or more) the layer or repeat the application of the filter.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 months later...

I wonder what the reason was for removal of the extreme option, I can't find any posts complaining about the extreme options, why take away an option and make it less than it was?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

5 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

I wonder what the reason was for removal of the extreme option, I can't find any posts complaining about the extreme options, why take away an option and make it less than it was?

Good question, Dex. Extremely puzzling! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

7 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Good question, Dex. Extremely puzzling! :P

"They have been weighed, they have been measured and they have been found wanting" lol! name that movie!!

11 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

"They have been weighed, they have been measured and they have been found wanting" lol! name that movie!!

“Welcome to the new world.”

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

"The new algorithm should estimate the total noise more accurately, and therefore the 'extreme' option is no longer required."

However we're aware that in some cases it doesn't estimate the noise as expected, so there could be a slight improvement in edge cases - but we'd need the original file to test with in order to improve this.

If you have any specific files where this is most noticeable, please upload them to the following link :)

https://www.dropbox.com/request/9xIYs4wNNo1taYjk8MZI

I am extremely disappointed in the removal of the extreme option from the Denoise Filter.  This attached image at 50% is no different at 100%.  I now have to go to another software product which is not an Affinity Product in order to remove the noise.  I was so impressed with the extreme option, I actually set up a macro to run it at various percentage levels in the extreme option settings.  This was a step backwards to a very good setting.  How hard is it to bring this setting back into the next update?

AP_DenoisFeature_Not.JPG

• Staff

Hi tantographics,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Have you tried with the Live filter version as well (menu Layer > New Live Filter Layer > Noise > Denoise)? Does it give you better results than the destructive version? It would be great if you can provide the files(s) you are working with so we can take a look as Dan requested. Thanks.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:52 AM, Dan C said:

"The new algorithm should estimate the total noise more accurately, and therefore the 'extreme' option is no longer required."

The problem with that is even if the algorithm was always 100% accurate, there are times when some users want to use this filter to affect more than whatever the algorithm determines to be the total noise in the image, which may not even be a photo to begin with.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7