I am looking to copy the formatting of typesetting from one paragraph to another. It is easy in InDesign using the eyedropper tool, not so easy in Quark. Does anyone have a suggestion please how to do this in Affinity Publisher? I can not find it in the help dropdown. Thank you.

Welcome to the Forum!

I would suggest saving it as a character style in the Text Styles panel then applying that style to the new text.

Great, thanks for your advice. I am enjoying using this program, very intuitive and easy having used both iD and Quark for 20-odd years.

The following works, though arguably it might be better to use paragraph or character styles:

1. Format your text as you want it. Select/highlight it.
  2. In the Styles panel (not Text Styles), click the hamburger menu and Add Style from Selection.
  3. Later, for some other text, select/highlight the text and drag the Style onto it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

While creating and saving Styles may be useful and does get the job done, one may not want to add the momentarily-needed formatting to their Styles collection AND it would be far faster to be able to right-click and have a  "clone formatting" or "format painter" (the latter being a Microsoft term for a format cloning function) added to the pop-up box that now only include a few basic actions (cut,copy, paste...).  IMO, this is an easy fix and a big miss for Affinity.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:26 AM, ACPhillips said:

"clone formatting" or "format painter"

Starting to miss this.

Anyway, it's time to adjust my workflow and work with what I currently have. I'm still complaining bout it tho. LOL