I have been searching for a while now, but cant find any "select same colour" feature. All I can find is a feature request post from 4 years ago asking for this. Surely this rudimental feature has been implimented by now. Selecting and replacing a colour is one of the main benefits of vector work, to not have this seems crazy to me. I know the dev team is small and  your product is so superior to Adobe is so many ways, but missing fundamental features like this makes it unusable for real world projects. 

I hope I am being a dullard and a select same colour feature is available. If not please add it to the top of the list of features in the next update.

And again somebody, who declares his actual favourite feature to be a „rudimental“ and „fundamental“ one.

We finally should ask all the forum members, what are their 5 favourite features and urge the Affinity team to put all the results (I think, these are about 15000) „to the top of the list of features in the next (sic!) update“. :)

"Select same" is actually often asked and needed feature. There is a long thread about it.

I think there is no gallup feature in this forum sw?

Thank you for the quick response and the suggestion that I use global swatches. I do still hope however that a Same Colour/stroke etc feature will be available soon.

Cheers

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi Mark Levy Art,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
No, this is not available yet, sorry. If you use/set global colours you can edit/change them and all objects using them will update accordingly. I know it's not the same but it's the closest  related option/feature we have available at the moment.

On 6/26/2018 at 10:43 AM, Fixx said:

"Select same" is actually often asked and needed feature.

Not to mention, (in more or less most requested order)

Crop page
Image tracing
Path offset
Perspective Moulding
On screen Measurement tool
Set ruler origin

And don't even get me started on Affinity Publisher >:(

Honestly, I don’t know what the dev' team do all day ;)

P.S. Only kidding guys, keep up the good work. :)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

I really miss this feature but have adapted to creating global colour palates on starting a job, which would save loads of time if colours where global by default and maybe there was a little tick box to switch the feature off - I remember one time when I'd worked on a big NHS document in inDesign where I done maybe 400 line illustrations setup in lines, tints and shades of a pantone purple, all illustrated within inDesign, then the customer came in and said "I don't like purple" so got her to choose another colour, added the new colour to the palate then deleted the purple which flags the option to swap to another colour in your palate on delete -- 2 seconds later the whole document is sorted

NHS04 Manual Handling Illustrations additions BC768-6.jpg

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009)
2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 - 2 GB
Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor
Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan

Mainly use Affinity Designer & Photo 1.7.0 +  Publisher Beta 1.7 latest Betas when available

Binger.jpg.1f81574106cc2dea8ae65d0a572b9ef9.jpg
www.bingercreative.co.uk

8 minutes ago, Dazmondo77 said:

would save loads of time if colours were global by default and maybe there was a little tick box to switch the feature off

I can’t envisage a scenario where you would need to switch the feature off. If you had (say) a red that you wanted to change globally but you also had some objects that should remain red, you could simply use two instances of the ‘same’ red and always leave one of them unchanged.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)