Is it still 1980? The only reason to strip Exif out of an image to post online was to help with internet connection speeds measured in double-figure kbps...

The user might not want to share the Exif data, or they might have been asked not to (e.g. for a competition where the organizers want to make sure that the entries are judged on their quality rather than the equipment used to produce them).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

There are numerous reasons to not disclose EXIF to either clients or end viewers. If you're not aware of the issues involved, you may not need it. But for many professional uses, it is required.

The lack of an option to preview the output quality is THE main reason I'm still using Photoshop today.

I bought Affinity Photo because I love many features of it.

Not being able to judge the image quality before saving renders the whole app allmost useless for me.

A lot of my work is internet related.

Getting the best compression / quality ratio is essential in this field.

Especially since screens with high pixel density are pretty much mainstream.

Is it still 1980? The only reason to strip Exif out of an image to post online was to help with internet connection speeds measured in double-figure kbps...

Actually, there are still plenty of reasons to have images optimized and stripped from unnecessary data (images for e-mailing, mobile websites, apps that download images on-line over mobile connections, that are not everywhere as fast as 3G/LTE, not mentioning data limits from mobile operators...).

As an update for ImageOptim (https://imageoptim.com/mac) mentioned above: current version supports both lossless and lossy optimization for both PNGs and JPEGs. I use this very often, sometimes along with ImageAlpha as well (when I need more control over how the PNG gets compressed). ImageOptim is clean & easy to use. Several tens or hundreds of PNGs exported from AD/AP are compressed with one drag'n'drop in one batch. Extremely efficient for my use cases (asseets for mobile apps, mainly).

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

+1 A preview in the export dialog or in the Export Persona is really required for professional use.

+1 The preview for exporting thumbnails for the web is absolutely NECESARY.

THIS FUNCTION IS IMPORTANT

I'm quite worried that this won't get into Affinity anytime soon.

These requests, especially about PNG / Diffusion / 8-bit / Alpha / Anti-aliasing started around 2015 and still no single feature has been implemented to get on par with the current PNG/save and preview options, some that are in PS for years now.

I truly hope that the PNG-8 optimization gets into Affinity ASAP, because this is one the biggest deal-breakers for me. (working with web-graphics)

Hi Martijn,

I have the same problem (working with web-graphics).

I hope that after 3 years they will listen to us

Merry Christmas

On 5/9/2017 at 1:13 PM, A for Design said:

The lack of an option to preview the output quality is THE main reason I'm still using Photoshop today.

I bought Affinity Photo because I love many features of it.

Not being able to judge the image quality before saving renders the whole app allmost useless for me.

A lot of my work is internet related.

Getting the best compression / quality ratio is essential in this field.

Especially since screens with high pixel density are pretty much mainstream.

Just wasted three hours until realising that Affinity Photo is no good at preparing news photos for web.

Back to Photoshop Elements for me for this task.

@fulvio

In this same place right now. I bought AF but without preview its a game of guessing. 

Looks like this could be a good program, but im not going to invest time in learning curve and later use Photoshop anyway.

8 minutes ago, Sokolowski said:

@fulvio

In this same place right now. I bought AF but without preview its a game of guessing. 

Looks like this could be a good program, but im not going to invest time in learning curve and later use Photoshop anyway.

There are several programs that work really well for this sort of thing.

I use Faststone Image Viewer, which is free (non-commercial use)

preview.jpg.bec79076d7383883925aaa2d56c138ed.jpg

If you play around with things like Color Subsampling, you can get some great compression.

See the example above where the original is compressed to 52 kb from 343 at 72% quality.

Photo is great for so many things but is a new program at a great price. You can't expect full Photoshop features yet.

Mind you, I would still use Faststone. Saving all the Photos you need, then "batch" optimizing is a much faster process .

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Thanks @toltec!

Im doing optimisation of webdesign in Photoshop, workflow like use program A for optimising noice, program 2 for contrast and 3 for export optimisation looks like not best choice ;)
When i have different slices of design, working with AF i should have to open every of them in external program to have a quality control preview. 

Maybe some plugin will do the job, but didnt found it. For now going back to Photoshop.