7 minutes ago, eobet said:

A new version is about to get released. Anyone know if perspective distort for Designer will be included in it?

The betas of Designer 1.8 has been public for quite some time and I haven't heard anything about this being fixed there, only the other major issue (expanding strokes), you can read detailed release notes here

On 2/26/2020 at 5:13 PM, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Unless its a major release (which I'm sure we would have heard about) I doubt it - Development of Designer seems to have slowed down ....

That’s disappointing. This tool is a big deal. Overall though it’s a fantastic program.

Posted (edited)

Hello hello,

after long searches through the web and youtube I got here and I must say: I am shocked that this feature is actually not implemented in AD. I just was so sure it was my mistake just not to find it...

I'm no programmer at all - but i can not really understand why it is possible to shear an object/text etc. - but not to distort in in the above described way... 

This is really really needed!

Otherwise AD works awesome fluently on my 2012 macbook. Its great fun to work with - but this feature... hell! that was possible with WordArt in 1999 or am I mistaken?

Please work on this!

Edited by dominusblandus

Posted (edited)

From what I've read on this topic, these options (the screenshot) are nowhere to be found:

If so, this is really disappointing. It took me a while to get used to AD not having a Shape Builder tool, but now if none of the transform/distort effects are available in Designer... This is just sad.

ad_n.png

Edited by suntanglory

This is actually infuriating. I bought AD since I graduated and could no longer use the Adobe Suite without bootlegging it. Now while I'm trying to make a mock-up of a business card (ie. trying to distort the final designs onto a photo of blank cards), I found out I can't?! I'm going to have to bootleg software just to make realistic mock-ups for my portfolio.

I know everyone's already said it, but this is a HUGE oversight and a NECESSITY for designers. Having full control of something so simple is what makes Illustrator or AD so attractive, but now I feel cheated.

4 hours ago, justcharjust said:

This is actually infuriating. I bought AD since I graduated and could no longer use the Adobe Suite without bootlegging it. Now while I'm trying to make a mock-up of a business card (ie. trying to distort the final designs onto a photo of blank cards), I found out I can't?! I'm going to have to bootleg software just to make realistic mock-ups for my portfolio.

I know everyone's already said it, but this is a HUGE oversight and a NECESSITY for designers. Having full control of something so simple is what makes Illustrator or AD so attractive, but now I feel cheated.

You can make simple mock-ups in Affinity Photo. I tried it with business cards and folders. AP has it's own Smart Object - embed document. For simple mock ups - it's totally fine. It gets harder and even impossible with something more complicated, unfortunately.