Hi there,

i often need to convert pixel selections into a vector path. I know that Photoshop has the function. 

So im wondering, how i can do that in Affinity? 

At the moment i need to make a pixel selection with the tool to free the object or 

i draw a path manually around the object. What i need to do, is to create a pixel selection 

an convert it to a vector path... 

Ist this possible? If not, is there a workaround for this? 

thank you for a answer 

Licorne

Hi, Licorne,

At present, Affinity Designer doesn't have the function. It requires auto tracing, which is planned by v 2.0 according to the road map. 

Depending on what you are trying to do, using various pixel selection tools, and then using the refine edge command will allow output of separate layers, or masks fro the selection. Those can then be used for fx, adjustments and blends. But the shape will remain a fixed proportion.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

At present, Affinity Designer doesn't have the function. It requires auto tracing, which is planned by v 2.0 according to the road map. 

Thanks for your answer. Do you have any idea, when v.2.0 will be released ? 

Autotracing won´t help here much. As I said GIMP can export any pixel-selection from raster images to SVG - while for instance Inkscape or SuperVectorizer2 will autotrace only the entirety picture.

Cheers

P.

Is this ever going to happen ? BTW , why doesn't Affinity Designer have magic wand selection tool on bitmaps ?

These are totally basic features...

I also need to convert Affinity Photo selections to a vector path.  Any progress to report on this feature?