KateM

Keyboard Shortcuts Cheat Sheet for Affinity Tools!

52 posts in this topic

Thanks. Will give it a try out.

Gregg

OS X Version 10.11.1 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz Intel i5 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3  Wacom Intuos 5

Thats what im talking about! I live breathe and die by shortcut key combinations! THANK YOU!!

muddypawsco and LilleG like this

Fantastic! Set it as my desktop background on my smaller second monitor.

JinHol likes this

2009: 27 inch iMac / Intel Core i5 / 2.66 GHz / 16 GB Memory / System: Yosemite 10.10.3 – PRINCIPAL DESIGN SOFTWARE: QuarkXpress 9.5.1, 10.5 and 2015 / Pinegrow Web Designer / Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo / Acorn

Is there a short cut key to see outline view (ie like Command Y in Illustrator)? I don't see any and I'm too unfamiliar to know if we can create out own shortcuts

Hi puggerspaniel,

There's no keyboard shortcut for that, although I don't see why I couldn't add one - in the meantime it's available on the top toolbar as a button (the 8th button from the left with the default setup) and is a simple click to turn on, click to turn off. I'll try to get the shortcut added as soon as I've checked it doesn't conflict with anything else, thanks :)

Matt

puggerspaniel likes this

Hey Matt thank for this!!!

Is it possible share on pinterest this resources for you? Or maybe can you do with your Pinterest Account?

Thanks mate, really thanks!

:rolleyes:  ^_^  ^_^

<lendrius>
<equipment> MacBook Pro 15" Quad-Intel 8GB Samsung PRO SSD & 22" Asus LCD from old Linux Machine </equipment>
<education> Degree in Science of Communication </education>
<employ> WebDesigner & Front End Developer </employ>
<passion> Bass Player </passion>
</lendrius>

Great, thanks.

Going to set this as wallpaper for a while :)

OS X Yosemite on a 2014 15" MacBook Pro Retina 2.2 GHz i7 16GB Intel Iris Pro 1536MB

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

The creative guys here at Serif Labs knocked up this keyboard shortcuts cheat sheet - hope you find it useful!

Try the new app "Affinity Designer". It's literally the best use of Modifier keys I've seen for drawing vectors. Lightyears ahead of Adobe products. He seems suitably impressed with the effort that's been put in to AD; a future customer/user perhaps.

This came from an Adobe forum user called dissidently.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.10

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Try the new app "Affinity Designer". It's literally the best use of Modifier keys I've seen for drawing vectors. Lightyears ahead of Adobe products. He seems suitably impressed with the effort that's been put in to AD; a future customer/user perhaps.

This came from an Adobe forum user called dissidently.

'He' also said this:

"Adobe has found the worst way to do it. And stuck to it."

Which is probably the truest thing ever said about path editing in Adobe apps.

Dale and peter like this

You know that we display most of the modifier keys on the status bar as you hover over various objects. So, rather than having a (very large) single list we show them on demand.  For a lot of our tools, if you hover over a handle it should give you the modifier keys available at that moment for that handle.

ronnyb likes this

post-17-0-98406500-1414161784.pngSerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
post-17-0-93920600-1414161966.pngSoftware engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher

post-17-0-93920600-1414161966.pngiMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395

post-17-0-93920600-1414161966.pngMacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300

post-17-0-93920600-1414161966.pngiPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Maybe you could create a button in the toolbar which the user could press and it would simply bring up the shortcut key picture posted in the first post for reference? Sounds stupid, but when you're using the program for the first time it would be helpful. Just a thought.

For the benefit of anyone subscribed to this thread, I've just updated Kate's original post with links to new cheat sheets :)

Cheers, Dale

JFisher likes this

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Home setup: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10     
Work setup: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200, Windows 10