You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.4.2 - RC1)

I just want to say : I love you, guys !

Every day, I congratulate myself for leaving Illustrator. Mixing vectors, effects and color adjustment layers is really a must have. Having in the same app Illustrator and Photoshop is an incredible gain of time. And the result is really better !

Thanks.

Just as an aside, I wasn't aware that the new beta had been released until the previous one I kept open continuously for a week plus even when I wasn't using it crashed this morning. Of course, when I tried to reopen it again from the crash report window, I got the 'expired' message & an currently downloading the new one, but I wonder if there is any way we can get email notifications about new betas, or some other way outside the app's expired mechanism or the beta forum here for this?

Certainly not a big thing but it would be useful for those of us that don't regularly quit the Affinity apps ... & are maybe a bit too lazy or preoccupied with other things to check the beta forums as often as we should.

By the way, it is a nice touch that even if an expired beta crashes with unsaved document edits, after installing the new one the file recovery feature still offers to open that file. Well done!

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi everybody,

I have strange selection issues with the Move Tool and some text frames. I was able to create a simple test document that shows the issues. You can select one of the text frames by clicking besides it …  :huh:

The issue seems to be related to the zoom level (see my second video), and it does show up not only in the current Beta, but in the App Store version as well. I am a bit confused, but I hope you will get down to the root of the issue.

Thank you very much,

Alex  :)

Test.afdesign

The various PDF Exports results in empty/blank PDF files. Exporting to EPS seems fine. Using an Artboard. CMYK.

Under  OSX 10.10.5

EDIT: Hmm - the same file also fails to export correctly to PDF under AD 1.4.1. Also tried under AP 1.4.1 - also fails. But EPS and PSD export work fine.

UPDATE: Copy / Pasting entire file contents to a new doc set up without Artboard now works fine.

So.. what's stopping the artboard based file from exporting correctly to PDF?

Edited by badcat

OK - File uploaded.  I sent my "original" as well as the "converted" versions

Here's what happened.  I converted a working AD file (meaning it was able to export to PDF) from > a non-artboard based file to > an artboard based file.

I converted the file by choosing the backmost layer and selecting the Convert to Artboard menu item.  After that, PDF export becomes broken. PDF export fails also when using the Export persona as well as the standard File > Export options.

thanks

OK - File uploaded.  I sent my "original" as well as the "converted" versions

Here's what happened.  I converted a working AD file (meaning it was able to export to PDF) from > a non-artboard based file to > an artboard based file.

I converted the file by choosing the backmost layer and selecting the Convert to Artboard menu item.  After that, PDF export becomes broken. PDF export fails also when using the Export persona as well as the standard File > Export options.

thanks

Will this get resolved?

• Staff

Hi badcat,

Sorry the delay getting back to you. I was checking the cause of the issue and got stuck with another situation from other user. I'm sorry.

I already checked the file and it does brake the export. To do the conversion to an artboard based document properly, select the Artboard tool, make sure the Size dropdown is set to Document and click Insert Artboard.

It should export to PDF as expected. 

I will pass this to the dev team.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.