You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forum Upgraded 15th April, Please report any problems here

22 minutes ago, Catshill said:

I just had a “Could not display  more posts” error

For what little it’s worth, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

@Catshill & @Alfred I have merged your thread discussing this issue with the 'master' thread for the forum upgrade so that the correct team see the report - I hope this is okay :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Most hyperlinks are now a subtle blue colour as are uses of peoples names like @Patrick Connor

Also the wording for Topic creation has been improved so "Title" is now "Topic Subject/Title" as too many people thought it was asking them for their title (Mr/Mrs) or the Application title (Photo/Designer/Publisher)

title.png

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...

Over the last week or so (can’t remember exactly) I’ve noticed that the forum can be very slow when logging in/out or moving between pages, especially when using the browser ‘back’ button.
I’ve tried using Firefox 89.0, and in Troubleshoot Mode, and Chrome 91.0 and it’s pretty much the same.
It can often take up to 11 seconds just to go back to the page I was previously at.
I’ve tried other forums and websites and the back button generally gets me back to the previous page almost instantly.
Simply clicking the Affinity icon at the top of the page can sometimes take 8 or 9 seconds for the page to load.
My machine isn’t under stress and my broadband is pretty quick.
This doesn’t happen every time, just often enough that it can be ‘irksome’.
Has anyone else noticed this or something like it? Or is it just me?

Additional: The delay seems to be longer when I am logged in. May be just random but browsing the site seems quicker when I'm not logged in.

Edited by GarryP
Added extra note.

I have had occasional slow page loading when clicking on forum topic title or the unread posts icon, but just over the past two days.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

Or is it just me?

And I thought it is just me…

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

I have seen occasional slow loading of pages going back at least a year or two, so I don't think it has anything to do with the forum software upgrade.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Definately slow in loading on very high broadband. others sites almost instant. Forum take a few seconds

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

• Staff

We are experiencing quite unusual activity on our forums (a bit like a DOS attack). We are just rolling out some additional security measures, so please can you let me know if this problem is reduced or if you see any other problems arise

Thank you all 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

The entire Forum was very slow here in South Carolina yesterday.  Today it is lightening fast again.   Could it have been affected by the international internet outage reported by Fastly?  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

23 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

Could it have been affected by the international internet outage

Maybe 2 different things, it wouldn't cause the additional  traffic @ Serif.com mentioned by Patrick.
Globally it doesn't look that bad, if the amount of orange & figures are reliable here https://livemap.pingdom.com/  (btw, I don't notice any delays, which fits to the map view)

941450000_internetoutageslivemap.thumb.jpg.fca041a6362c07ef879498a7a667394e.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1