You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for Windows - 1.8.2

• Staff

We are pleased to announce an update for the Windows release of Affinity Photo, version 1.8.2

Changes in this build

The changes in Affinity Photo for Windows 1.8.2 (over the last release Affinity Photo for Windows 1.8.0) are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

• Fixed a source of instability when enumerating fonts at startup
  • Added "Use Windows Ink for tablet input" preference (enabled by default, disable to use WinTab)
  • Fixed artefacts when rasterising a group with live filters
  • Fixed Layer Effects to smart objects
  • Fixed flat EXR export to honour layer blend mode
  • Fixed selection problems with clipped groups
  • Fixed failure to export to vector formats when a document contains a flipped object with line style and scale to object enabled
  • Fixed PDF export outputting some 1-bit masks as inverted, leaving them mostly transparent
  • Fixed crash reordering layers via drag/drop when Layers panel is floating 
  • Added missing 'Repeat Filter' keyboard shortcut
  • Fixed Canon 5D MK II images not loading correctly
  • Fixed sporadic RAW load crash
  • Fixed New Document dialog Presets bar incorrectly hidden when switching between Templates and Presets
  • Fixed New Document dialog Template folders with a '.' cutting off subsequent characters 
  • Fixed several boolean operations and expand stroke issues on simple geometry or compound objects
  • Fixed unable to paste text into editors after receiving tab focus
  • Fixed New Documents dialog allowing minus values in Document Size, Margins and Bleed 
  • Improved performance of Layers Panel when updating previews of Artistic Text
  • Fixed input lag (500ms) when drawing with a pen using Windows Ink
  • Improved text responsiveness
  • Added missing Procedural Texture degrees/radians toggle 
  • Fixed being unable to move Info targets in Develop Persona
  • Improved precision of Defringe
  • Fixed Focus Merge throwing away images
  • Fixed crash when dragging asset containing missing fonts
  • Fixed cursor not getting hidden while resizing brush
  • Changed AlignTo option to disable when no Aligment option is set
  • Fixed parent layer not selected when right clicking an enlosure nodes non-icon area
  • Added 'Zoom' context menu for Pan tool
  • Fixed Enclosure layers not being able to be repsitioned to the top level
  • Fixed Enclosure thumbnails being reversed in a collapsed parent row
  • Fixed Node tool Cycle Selection keyboard shortcut not set 
  • Help and Localisation improvements.

Earlier changes and fixes in 1.8 made since 1.7 (including the new 1.8 features) are listed in some detail in this 1.8.0 update announcement.

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in Help > About Affinity Photo).

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the Affinity Store software it will check for updates and offer any available update. The latest update will install over the top of any earlier version, with no need to uninstall. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "Download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Photo for Windows) can be downloaded from this link. (that installer is NOT for Windows Store purchases and needs a product key).

If you’ve purchased from the Microsoft Store— Microsoft Store updates are done automatically by the operating system (each time you start the application). If this does not happen for you, open the Windows Store app and click the three dots in the top right corner of the app and then go to Downloads and Updates. Click Get Updates. This should hopefully force the update to show.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Noticed the new version while starting Photo today (and checked the rest as well).

Will install immediately.

Best regards!

Great Thanks!

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

Have repeatedly attempted to download 1.8.2 but have been prevented by Malwarebytes' Website blocking of it due to a suspicious download.

How else might I be able to successfully update Affinity Photo in Windows 10 Pro Version 1903, Build 18362.592, Intel Core i5-6500T CPU @2.50GHz, 16GB DDR4, Intel HD Graphics 530?

21 minutes ago, controlZ said:

Have repeatedly attempted to download 1.8.2 but have been prevented by Malwarebytes' Website blocking of it due to a suspicious download.

How else might I be able to successfully update Affinity Photo in Windows 10 Pro Version 1903, Build 18362.592, Intel Core i5-6500T CPU @2.50GHz, 16GB DDR4, Intel HD Graphics 530?

It's a Malwarebytes problem, so (speaking only as a user) I would suggest reporting it to them and asking them to fix their program. For now, you might uninstall Malwarebytes, do the download, and reinstall it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

8 minutes ago, MauricioC said:

Wonderful, this is a feature I've been looking forward to, however I do not see it in the preferences panel. Where is it hiding? 

"Added "Use Windows Ink for tablet input" preference (enabled by default, disable to use WinTab)"

image.png.6949561e085f786b9504790756917677.png

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome, MauricioC.

-- Walt
PC:

2 hours ago, controlZ said:

Another user has reported that disabling the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension in his browser worked. He also mentioned that the extension caused a similar problem for another legitimate site.

-- Walt
PC:

21 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Another user has reported that disabling the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension in his browser worked. He also mentioned that the extension caused a similar problem for another legitimate site.

This was what worked for me. Have posted the issue on Malwarebytes' user forum. Apparently it had happened before with a previous Affinity Photo download which has since been whitelisted. I requested the same green light be afforded AF 1.8.2

9 minutes ago, chevallm said:

1.8.2 Installer not working (Win 8.1). I'm not using Malware bytes.

Often the fix is to restart Windows, then right-click on the installer and choose Run as Administrator.

See Also https://affin.co/WinSetupFailed

-- Walt
PC:

Thank you for the updates. I'm a low-mid intermediate home user who is watching tuts to increase my proficiency. I would never have bought a subscription to PS but needed a more powerful program than the ones I was using. I've loved AP since I bought it years ago and have never used any of my other general photo editing programs since then. AP has all that I'll ever need. I appreciate Serif making their wonderful programs affordable to all and I promote them whenever I can. 

Happy Spring and stay safe and sanitized! 😷 

Designing, Arting, Writing, Crafting, Lover of the Creative Life

1610156076_ACDSLogoSignature300x85.jpg.c89db6d14f97a9fa918b538f50ce769d.jpg

Linktr.ee

Thank you for adding the toggle for Windows Ink. Windows Ink still has too many issues for me to be able to use it properly (slight delay before a brush stroke appears, distracting modifier key tooltips under the cursor, forced press-and-hold to right-click in some programs). I really wish Microsoft would give users more control over how Windows Ink behaves when using a stylus because apart from those things, the experience is quite nice and sometimes smoother than Wintab.

4 hours ago, Manojlo said:

Can you guys please remove CTRL + LMB as copy layer it already copy layer on Alt + LMB

I always wondered why there are two shortcuts assigned to duplicate layer with the mouse?

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.