grapher

problem with expand stroke....

9 hours ago, macCesar said:

It is incredible that Designer ( and maybe Photo and Publisher ) CAN zoom up to 1 Million percent. while keeping every single detail in all the shapes ( curves and strait lines ).

But it can not expand correctly a "small" ( or relative small ) stroke !!!???

Perhaps the current staff can figure out and code zoom but not more complex features. 

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)

3 hours ago, JokeRat said:

@macCesar yeah, I got 2.7billion+ with the Beta.

(even though, I don't know if that's too helpful. At least not for my workflow anyway. Impressive nonetheless though.)

I know right?? :4_joy:

If you ask Affinity.. They say: "Because We Can".

But they can't expand a stroke properly. :37_disappointed:

Captura de pantalla 2019-01-22 a la(s) 11.45.34.png

Is this bug being really worked on ?

It's a damn core feature, used very often and yet, years and years later, still not working.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:57 PM, MEB said:

Hi dok,
Yes, this is currently being worked on.

Hi,

This is a crucial feature also in print production.

Another annoying bug or feature in AD is that it makes hundreds of unnecessary anchor points when expanding stroke.

Hopefully we get update soon.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, MEB said:

Hi dok,
Yes, this is currently being worked on.

I hope with 'currently' you really mean 'at this very moment'. Because this is being asked so many times and for such a long time (meaning years) I started to think this mayor issue for a vector drawing program was never going to get fixed. Hopefully the issue @Jaakko is writing about; the unnecessary anchor points (on pretty weird locations on curves too), will be fixed with this as well. That would be really fantastic!!! Looking forward to this fix!!! :)

BTW Nice to see so much fixes and updates are being done after the time Publisher was released. That's great!

Any improvements to the expand stroke code in the current beta (1.8.0.486) ? A developer mentioned it being part of the 1.8 beta before dropping his microphone, and before this beta surfaced here.

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

46 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Thx, yes I have seen it. But since the developer mentioned it was part of the 1.8 beta I was curious... perhaps forgotten in release notes. :)