You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.3.4.26925)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

We are considering releasing an update to the Mac App Store in order to resolve the most commonly found issues and also to address compatibility problems with OS X El Capitan Beta, so the list of changes this week is small while we ensure product stability at this point.

- Improved zoom-dragging in the Zoom Tool and when Command+Space is held

- Fix for Transparency Tool causing crashes when used on pixel layers

- Fix for closing a window while in full screen mode not causing the application to exit full screen mode

- Fix for intermittent issues encountered when saving Undo history with the document

- Miscellaneous translation improvements

> Fix for Transparency Tool causing crashes when used on pixel layers

When dragging a JPG to an empty workspace and trying to apply transparency, then the tool does not work at all.

When I open an existing document and apply transparency to bitmap, it works.

When I rasterize the bitmap and try to apply it a 2nd time, it does not work at all.

It does not crash anymore, but the tool does nothing at all.

-- Harald

I get the same as Harald regarding the transparency tool (no crash, but tool doesn't work).  Maybe this was just for the sake of stability in this release, and a real, functional fix (i.e., one in which the transparency works) will come in one of the next betas?  Travis

My old request remains, CTRL+drag up/down for opacity of vector brush.

Someone said it was done and should be in the next update a few versions back but it doesn't seem to turn up.

hopeful-cat.jpeg

Cheers

I don't think I would like all the functions of the brush to be controlled by alt, ctrl, shift, etc dragging. It gets too much to have to remember, just click the numbers and get there faster, how easy (hard) is that? IMO

I don't think I would like all the functions of the brush to be controlled by alt, ctrl, shift, etc dragging. It gets too much to have to remember, just click the numbers and get there faster, how easy (hard) is that? IMO

Painting and click number changes the opacity after you've drawn. The next brush stroke is again unganged.

It just becomes weird to paint and change the brush opacity afterwards.

I'm not asking to have funktions removed (like paint + number) i just like to add another.

Painting and click number changes the opacity after you've drawn. The next brush stroke is again unganged.

It just becomes weird to paint and change the brush opacity afterwards.

I'm not asking to have funktions removed (like paint + number) i just like to add another.

Weird it works for me as I continue to change the opacity before I brush again. I start to paint in 100%, click 2 paint again and it goes to 20% opacity, 3 for 30% and so on as in video attached.

painting with numbers (opacity).mov

Hi Jakerlund and evtonic3,

are you talking about the same thing? As far as I understood the original question, Jakerlund was talking about vector brushes in the Draw Persona, not about pixel brushes in the Pixel Persona, as shown in the video …  :unsure:

Cheers, Alex

Hi Jakerlund and evtonic3,

are you talking about the same thing? As far as I understood the original question, Jakerlund was talking about vector brushes in the Draw Persona, not about pixel brushes in the Pixel Persona, as shown in the video …  :unsure:

Cheers, Alex

Hi Alex,

No you're right, evtonic3 probably misunderstood me and demonstrated the brush in Pixel Persona.

My request has always been for the Vector brush in the Draw Persona.

Cheers / Johny

Hi there, just a little thing … ;)

It’s so great that changing parameters on the coverage map temporally hides the paths and nodes and the like on the selected canvas objects … would it be possible to implement that for the other parameter inputs as well (for example blend gamma)? Personally I would find that very useful …

Best, Alex  :)

post-1198-0-74630600-1439305748_thumb.png

post-1198-0-69786000-1439305755_thumb.png

I don’t know if I should post it here, as it is a feature request … but it is such a small one, that opening another topic would be like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Would it be possible to have a checkbox in the preferences that allowed us to disable cloning objects by Opt + Drag?

At the moment we can clone objects by Opt + Drag and by Cmd + Drag. When we hit Opt before dragging the object, we get a clone, while when we hit Opt after dragging the object, we disable snapping. Oh my, I must confess, I did create a lot of clones in the past, when I just wanted to move my shapes freely. I am well aware that it takes some habituation to use Cmd + Drag for cloning objects, but once you have learned this alternative way, it would be a huge relief if we could just turn off this Opt + Drag option. Does that make sense?

Cheers, Alex  :)

That path-hiding while performing operations (adjusting parameters or even panning the document) should be an option in the preferences to be able to turn on and off.

When panning the document while zoomed in, sometimes having a visual feedback of the bounding box of the selected elements is very useful. And, as it is now, as soon as I press the space bar, that visual cue is gone.

How do the submits to Apple review process work?

At the intro of this topic it says; not submitted while I guess I have just installed this update in the MAS.

AOFu3dw.png

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

Okay, I just thought both apps would see a smaller 'in between' update/patch. This way you keep both apps kinda equal with versions and functions.

Now I have the new/improved zoom tool that I like so much in Designer but not in Photo. I've got problems you know..   :lol:

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

• Staff

@shmoo

I think they simply missed to change that because MEB mentioned in another thread that the version with the changes that fix the crashing in El Capitan is submitted.

That version is already available in the Mac App Store (Affinity Designer 1.3.5) and it's the most up to date version. After you install it you shouldn't be able to run the Beta anymore since it doesn't recognise the new MAS version.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.