You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.133 (mac)

12 hours ago, A_B_C said:

No, this icon is named “Rotate Planar Clockwise” (or similarly) in the Resources folder. So I would guess this belongs to some of the new grid options that were described elsewhere.

That looks like the complement to the always greyed out "Rotate Anticlockwise in Plane" toolbar icon some of us have seen after launching the 133 build. The resource filenames are planar_rotate_clockwise & planar_rotate_anti_clockwise, plus the light & 2x variants.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Download the latest beta and I wanna say.. THANK YOU ... WONDERFUL JOB SO FAR Team... I am LOVING PUBLISHER... its early stages yet.. but Love What I have seen so far...and the fixes been coming out fast too... KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...

Bonjour à tous,

Et oui un français, bravo a toute votre équipe qui nous font à chaque fois prendre du plaisir à utiliser vos logiciels. Après Designer Photo voici Publisher et franchement que du bonheur, bon encore quelques petit problème ca et la mais rien de pénalisant. Pour moi le seul soucis est qu'il n'ouvre pas les pdf comme Aperçu, il faut à tout prix avoir les polices ou autres et cela me pose des soucis il faut d'abord que j'ouvre le pdf avec Photoshop pour pouvoir l'intégrer ensuite dans publisher ou designer pour l'utiliser.

Ensuite le nec plus ultra serait de pouvoir créer des fichiers a partir de base de données (liens etc etc...)

En tous les cas merci pour votre travail

Amitiés Thierry

Any possibility to add Reset Rotation like in other apps? I can't find anywhere and it's so easy to accidentally rotate using a touchpad. Thanks. Would be also great an option to disable modification of values with a mouse. For example, when scrolling paragraph panels inside the right tab, the scrolling would halt any time the pointer hovers a field that can be modified by a mouse scroll which is a bit annoying.

3 minutes ago, nik_sol said:

Any possibility to add Reset Rotation like in other apps? I can't find anywhere and it's so easy to accidentally rotate using a touchpad.

If you mean canvas rotation

Right Click on a blank area of your document or off the document and you should see a Reset Rotation command

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Canvas Rotation should not be allowed in Publisher and so this option should not be needed, but currently it is there (as an oversight). 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi I installed mac o/s Mojave  today then tried out the latest beta  today all seem to work well. off topic both publisher and Photo on both Mac and iPad  work well on both platforms  after the latest upgrades (moderator I hope that's not to far of topic in this thread) if so please feel free to let me know and I am happy to edit this post 

• Staff
On 9/21/2018 at 5:37 PM, AdamW said:

Any problems actually using this version please make a new post in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can

and then I said

Reporting bugs in here will not be investigated, If this is a new report then please make a new thread

and then

8 minutes ago, lenogre said:

Crash when opening a previous released file.

This thread is not the place for this. Please click here to report . Without the file this will be hard to resolve. Request an upload link if you cannot attach it to a public post.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Already done it patrick

Cheer's

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

On 9/22/2018 at 4:06 AM, michaelokraj said:

this one goes again for motivation purposes: THANK YOU and AGAIN: GREAT JOB! this tool is all I wanted and needed after 2 decaeds of adobe "enslavent".

Agreed! Now if we can just get the ability to import IDML or even INDD, I can delete InDesign!

The program looks good :) Hope it will also become an Ipad Pro app not to long after the full release :) Specially with the new and more powerfull ipad 3gens right around the corner:D

Btw! I try to press the affinity designer workspace but get an "not compatible" notification

5 hours ago, Vassi said:

Btw! I try to press the affinity designer workspace but get an "not compatible" notification

We have to wait until all three apps are at 1.7.x for those to work. Soon I hope.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:49 PM, ffca said:

Agreed! Now if we can just get the ability to import IDML or even INDD, I can delete InDesign!

importing of INDD will never be a part of any non-adobe product as they are holding back the code of the file-format. and IDML will def be a part of a future release – I doubt already in v02. but I found a pretty solid workaround: I exported my latest INDD projects with the best quality PDFs and opened them in ADesigner. then saved it there. when opening those files in Apublisher the artboards have been transfered into pages and the text is still editable. 

• Staff

This thread is now locked as there is a more recent beta available in a thread pinned to the top of this forum

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd