You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Upgraded forums notice

Patrick Connor

2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

If I turned that OFF it would show every time a post was edited. I think that would lead to more problems not fewer.

I don't know if it is possible, but could this be set up so that once a user ticked the 'edited' checkbox, it does not revert to unchecked if the post is edited again?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
32 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I don't know if it is possible, but could this be set up so that once a user ticked the 'edited' checkbox, it does not revert to unchecked if the post is edited again?

only with a cookie, so only with a feature request to the writers of the forums. Not sure it would be high on their list, but we can ask

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

6 hours ago, carl123 said:

No need for anyone else to see I edited the post in those instances and users seeing that it had been edited might just confuse them as to what I changed.

You can enter a reason for the edit/correction, so it should not confuse anyone.

Alternatively, you can deselect the visibility of the edit flag if this option remains there. I only asked for the default flag setting.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

5 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

but we can ask

Thanks. 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, Patrick Connor said:

There are a few new features

The more I'm looking at it, the more I dislike the new "123.4k" number "shortcuts" all over the place.
Couldn't we please have the real numbers back?

Thanks

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

6 hours ago, loukash said:

The more I'm looking at it, the more I dislike the new "123.4k" number "shortcuts" all over the place.
Couldn't we please have the real numbers back?

Thanks

I agree. “2.7k” isn’t any shorter than “2727”, and even with a thousands separator there’s only one additional character in the exact number.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

55 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I agree. “2.7k” isn’t any shorter than “2727”, and even with a thousands separator there’s only one additional character in the exact number.

This is a classic case of a solution searching for a problem, I doubt that anyone on here is going to need 1.39G for their postings.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

for their postings

I actually realized my aversion while looking at the forum.affinity.serif.com main page and seeing it there.
I really like to see real numbers, not some approximations, especially since the "##k" abbreviation is so 1) English- and 2) nerd-centric!

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

I still can't see 'reputation' points unless I hover over the user name or icon. And when I do that, in the very large & mostly empty window that pops up, both posts & 'reputation' points still show with the abbreviations.

The only place I can see real numbers is if I hover the pointer over the abbreviated post count, just above the location line in the sidebar (but that doesn't work in the popup window).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, William Overington said:

Am I correct in thinking that in the update that when showing appreciation for a post that it previously had

Thank you

and now has

Thanks

As far as I’m aware, there has always been a choice between ‘Like’, ‘Thanks’, ‘Haha’ (one word, not two!), ‘Confused’, and ‘Sad’.

5 hours ago, William Overington said:

Thank you

You’re welcome, William.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...

The image attachment in the first post of the following topic is displayed oddly for me. It crossed under the area for composing a new reply, and after I replied it crosses under my post.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

14 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The image attachment in the first post of the following topic is displayed oddly for me. It crossed under the area for composing a new reply, and after I replied it crosses under my post.

I see what you mean, I made a test and did a quote on that post. Some weird extra large space at the top and then the rest of the very tall image was displayed under or through the message box.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I used Safari's Develop menu to change the size of the Div for the image to 918 from 318 and it looks normal.

1825941279_ScreenShot2022-01-01at8_30_56AM.png.cdf857403cca9aa1b5180d193a85dca4.png

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

The image attachment in the first post of the following topic is displayed oddly for me.

FWIW, it seems normal to me, using Safari 15.2 on my iMac running Catalina 10.15.7.

EDIT: It looks fine unless I try to include the image in a reply. If I do that, I get much more than is displayed in the first post.

Affinity Photo 

If you're on a Mac, it's probably controlled by your choice of the highlight color for the system, so you'd need to check your system's settings.

Hi Walt.Farrell,

Thanks for the solution, it is indeed controllable in the preferences of my Mac (OS Mojave) and now I am also sure that it has no effect on the behavior of AP and that everything now just works fine.

The fact that the image did not come across well is perhaps my fault. The print screen was the right part of the screen (narrow and high) and therefore perhaps outside the permitted size of the upload. If so, I apologize for that.

Best regards

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

Is it sorted?

Seems to be, as the image is properly within that post now. Thanks.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 weeks later...

The pulldown options of the Online Users part should be tidied. EX-Affinity Beta Team, Moderated Member and Permanently Moderated Member. The last two options should be of no interest to the public IMO. Instead it would be good that the last selection in the pulldown should be saved.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

• Staff
2 hours ago, joe_l said:

The pulldown options of the Online Users part should be tidied. EX-Affinity Beta Team, Moderated Member and Permanently Moderated Member. The last two options should be of no interest to the public IMO. Instead it would be good that the last selection in the pulldown should be saved.

I had no idea these groups were there, thank you very much, they have gone from that list (I hope)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 year later...

I vaguely remember that after a forums update the links (URL) appeared in black but got changed to blue after a short discussion. I just run into a post where underlined and linked text was mixed but visually not to distinguish which made me hover over each of them to detect which would be a link. – Could links become blue (again?)?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

I believe this was changed in the latest update due to the way '@' tags are now formatted (ie @thomaso), with the username being treated as a hyperlink within the 'pill' shape.

As we had hyperlinks set to blue across the forums, it was impossible to see a username within the tag and it would simply appear as an empty 'pill' shape - which wasn't very useful!

image.png
Therefore we restored the default 'black' colour for hyperlinks, which is auto-inverted to white for '@' tags - though I believe the team are still looking at ways to improve this in a future forum rollout :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!