:4_joy:

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but I guess it was done in DrawPlus, the same way they made the Workbooks on PagePlus.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

On 6/19/2019 at 9:25 PM, jstnhllmn said:

In which of your products did you create the effect circled in red, and how did you do it? Thanks.

Moire.png

Everything of that can be done into Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo, on both iPad Mac or Windows versions...

3 hours ago, jstnhllmn said:

Cool!

How?

We don’t have any Blend Tool yet into any of Affinity’s apps, but we have Power Duplicate... Not as fast as a real Blend Tool, but it’s easy to make nice line/object/symbol patterns...

1C1381FA-0F3C-4CB1-9156-4492B0DEACB4.png

4 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

It take less than a minute to do thing like this...

Tutorial, please!

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

44 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Tutorial, please!

Ha! I though every experienced user here could this...? ;-)

I’ll be back with a short video soon...

2 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

Ha! I though every experienced user here could this...?

I’ll be back with a short video soon...

@Alfred Bye the way, is it the one minute or the work itself that you want a tutorial on?

5 minutes ago, jstnhllmn said:

what are we talking about?

Im just looking to see a tutorial of how you made the image you posted.

Ha, just me kidding about the promising one minute progress... Now the video is upload...

6 minutes ago, jstnhllmn said:

@ErrkaPetti you've done well here :17_heart_eyes:

It’s easy to improvise further around this, and, get tremendous line art!

See attached screendump, and this is important when collect nodes together when more than one node is choosen (otherwise you move them symmetrical)...

428CB514-40C6-4272-9CF6-D1A3DA677B41.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Arceom said:

@ErrkaPetti A problem-solver, good work. Its not very intuitive but with some practice it can be used effectively :235_bee:++

image.png.0e1adc17e31c34318a44128d9fe8150c.png

Yeah, thanks!

But, we wanna be artist, or? It shouldn’t be too easy to make great art ;-)

Push a button, and then everything is done... No no no...

It is not the same effect at all, ha ha.

But ouch, take at look at the Vision Quest in post number 1. Its not very well done. It looks like a software box from the Amiga in the 80's back when software was simple. I thought it was from the history books! Perhaps that was also done by hand in Designer, that would explain a lot. Its crude and painfully simple. 

You can do a lot by hand. I once knew a few guys and dolls who made the table of contents manually in Word. Complexity or changes was not their friend. I didn't follow them or their lifestyle. Do it manually is only great if your time has no value.

Designer should one day be able to do what you see in the video - if you ever get a blend tool in Designer. You can do a lot of it in Serif DrawPlus though. Cheap and STILL available. Or Xara. The blend tool can be adjusted as you go. You can adjust curve, it can blend from one color to another and you can adjust the steps. The tool is not there for this kind of childrens play - it is handy in hundreds of more serious workflows. That is why some in here would like it in Designer.

Professionals have it. Elsewhere.

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)