Sign in to follow this  
A_B_C

Copy/Move Page to Different Document?

Just quickly: I couldn’t find an answer to this question by trying different forum searches. Is it possible to copy or move a page from one document to another? Along with all guides and stuff? How do you do that? :/

Thank you,

Alex :)

Sadly, No.

Guides cannot be copied nor can margins.

You can Select All and copy to the clipboard and paste stuff like Text Frames and Picture Frames with content etc and it will paste into the centre of the New Document page.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.x.x

6 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

will paste into the centre of the New Document page

I think the original location keeps.

I’m not on my Windows system right now (or I would have tried it myself!) but can’t you place another document in the current one? :/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Thank you, guys! :)

Oh, this is an important point. There must be a way to share pages, along with guides and stuff, directly between documents. If that isn’t a feature request already, please understand that I would love to have the mentioned option. :)

Yes, Alfred, it is possible to place a document into another one, and the placed document will have its margins and guides, when double-clicked, but the margins and guides won’t “show through.” They won’t be active in the document where it has been placed. Hmm. :(

I have an Affinity Publisher document and would like to move multiple pages from another AP document or a pdf into it. It would be nice if I could drag a series of pages from one document into the other.

The only way I can see adding the pages is manually, one at a time. Am I missing an easier way?

Thanks

This is disappointing. Very unMacOS like

I've got a problem now, because Publisher crashes all over the place. Trying to copy out the pages 1-by-1 until I can track down the problem. But no way to copy-paste