Restating this ask/ feature request. I prefer to work in a light UI, for me it has better contrast.  I would even be satisfied to know definitively that this is not on the product roadmap. 

Yes, I agree. There were requests for this with the desktop apps and it was added later. I think that the option to have a light option should have been carried over when the iPad apps came out.

David Voth

Affinity Photo, Designer & Publisher for macOS High Sierra plus Photo & Designer for iPad

I also have problems distinguishing the tool icons / symbols / layers in the dark interface.

Please give us the option of a “light” interface so we can see what we are doing without needing to turn the brightness to 100%.

Yes, please add either a light UI or a way to make the icons brighter. I have a terrible time seeing the icons.

Add me to the list of users requesting a lighter UI. I keep my iPad lighting fairly low to preserve battery life, making the UI icons almost impossible to read. The app would be unusable were it not for the little question mark icon on the lower right that displays labels for each icon.

Yes please, light mode! These 40+ old eyes struggle with the gray icons on black toolbars. This is the best vector graphics app but it’s so hard to use. Please fix. This would be an insta-in-app-purchase for me. 

I find a light mode tends to be better when working outside. Don't know if others find this so.

I assume everyone knows you can lighten the grey surrounding the canvas in the settings/preferences. I know it doesn't help with seeing the tools in the menus, but the reduction in contrst can make things a bit less tiring on the eye.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

iPad 12.9"/512GB Gen4 & Apple Pencil Gen2 + (soon to be replaced, hopefully) Macbook Pro 17". Nikon D7200 & Fuji X100F
Affinity Designer & Photo (iPad & Desktop) + Publisher (Currently Desktop only available).