13 hours ago, KevinG said:

I have just completed my first Men's Shed newsletter, Mail and Web links all worked in the PDF distributed, I did not expect them to work within Affinity Publisher. Links on master page also exported.

Thanks to the Affinity Team for making links work, 

yes url links and maybe even text box links sort of work in master pages but linking from a graphic to another page just does not work 

Just downloaded 239. So far in just a few tests The issues I had been having have all been taken care of. Master page go to works. Table of contents link to anchor works. Target areas are in the correct place.:)

13 minutes ago, somewhereinusa said:

Just downloaded 239. So far in just a few tests The issues I had been having have all been taken care of. Master page go to works. Table of contents link to anchor works. Target areas are in the correct place.:)

Our public new beta signup Affinity Publisher beta download store page (MacOS & Windows) is still serving 1.7.0.238 but at the top of these forums there is a new build #249 with some hyperlink fixes and other issues addressed.

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 for Windows

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 for Mac

(Perhaps you have this already.)

Once we have a bit more confidence in each beta build we change the version on that new sign up page

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Our public new beta signup Affinity Publisher beta download store page (MacOS & Windows) is still serving 1.7.0.238 but at the top of these forums there is a new build #249 with some hyperlink fixes and other issues addressed.

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 for Windows

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 for Mac

(Perhaps you have this already.)

Once we have a bit more confidence in each beta build we change the version on that new sign up page

This confused me when I first read it. I should have said I just downloaded 249 NOT 239

5 minutes ago, thomasbricker said:

So are hyperlinks functional now in Publisher?

They have been functional for quite some time now, since beta 238 on February 8. They continue to improve.

Whether they have the function you are looking for will depend on exactly what you want them to do.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Thanks Walt.

So I just tested the functionality.

Works absolutely perfectly! Well done Serif/Affinity!

I have been away from Publisher for a few months and had not tried it lately.

So if this is working so well in Publisher, which is still a Beta, why not roll it out to Designer and Photo?

It's extremely useful.

33 minutes ago, thomasbricker said:

So if this is working so well in Publisher, which is still a Beta, why not roll it out to Designer and Photo?

That's something only Serif can answer. They have a vision of what tools belong in which products.

I will point out, though, that Publisher has both Designer and Photo Personas, and if one owns Publisher and either of the other products one will be able to create a project in Publisher and (we expect) seemlessly switch to the Designer or Photo Personas to use functions that are not possible in Publisher. (This is not available yet, but Serif has said it would be enabled after the Photo and Designer 1.7 betas have ended.)

What that means is that anyone who wants hyperlinks in Designer or Photo would simply need to purchase Publisher, and they'd have them via the Persona capability, along with all the other Publisher functionality :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta