You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

24 minutes ago, MEB said:

Have you tried to reset the app? It may worth a try. Press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching it, keep the first three boxes ticked from the dialog that will appear then press Clear.

Yes, I have tried, but it has not worked.
I would love to have the new free content, but the worst thing is that this version is still very unstable.
I'm using the new version all day and it has been restarted several times, always when I use the picker tool in de color tab (attached)Captura2.thumb.png.0a4766dfe5656e8f40de9710be7352cb.png

• Staff
34 minutes ago, ice2skull said:

Yes, I have tried, but it has not worked.
I would love to have the new free content, but the worst thing is that this version is still very unstable.
I'm using the new version all day and it has been restarted several times, always when I use the picker tool in de color tab (attached)Captura2.thumb.png.0a4766dfe5656e8f40de9710be7352cb.png

Hi ice2skull,

These issues are probably specific to Mac OS X 10.8.5. We already have a report from another user regarding some UI issues as well.

I'm sorry for all the trouble you are going through. I'm logging this to be looked at and hopefully the dev teams will be able to fix these problems during the next days. While we do our best to check/test everything during the Beta phase there's always a couple things that go unnoticed when we release the program and it get used on a large number of configs. Please bear with us while we work on it. 

Thank you for you support and patience.

On 02/11/2017 at 11:10 PM, BrianG61UK said:

I'm having trouble extracting the content from frankentoon-texturizerpro-brushes.zip.

PowerArchiver just freezes up.

I downloaded it twice but still the same.

Anyone else having ptroblems?

Maybe I'll have to get a different ZIP extractor.

Later:

I found infozip command line zip program.

It says all your free gift ZIP files are messed up and totally non standard!

What did you use to ZIP them?

Nobody at Serif available to tell me what was used to ZIP these files then?

On 03/11/2017 at 0:13 AM, tokai said:

I didn't check back the whole thread here, so I'm not sure if it was mentioned already… I downloaded all free content and so I also checked out the "tom-chalky-handcrafted-fonts-textures" archive. In this archive separate PNG files are included. Those seem to be entirely uncompressed… requiring usually more than 50 MB, 70 MB, or even more, per file disk space. Running a simple OptiPNG on them will greatly reduce their size (going down to small file sizes of often less than 200KB).

Storing maybe around 400MB (for everything from that archive) compared to almost 4 GB will make a noticeable difference on smaller working SSDs. :) 

The JPEGs from the other archives also benefit from a bit extra optimisation... not as much though... usually between 2% to 5%... with MozJPEG.

Excellent info.

Thank you.

I get only two photos on the welcome page, neither with a link to the upgrade offer. Am I limited from the upgrade because I bought Affinity Photo from the App store rather than from the Affinity Store (to which I cannot create an account)? (Besides the one below, there's one with a yellow flower on an iPad.)

Shouldn't this upgrade be as easy as it is for other software?

59fe12c058a71_ScreenShot2017-11-04at3_10_42PM.thumb.png.ac1598ea31224778d0debcac118aaf0f.png

I've downloaded the update, created an account on mac and tried downloading the free bonus material. Only the macro pack downloaded. The other 2 said that it would take 1-3 days and then quit after a timeout. My connection is 150 up and down so it's not on my end. Any ideas? Great update, btw. Can't wait to see what comes next on Mac/Windows, but especially iPad. D to the A to the M!

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 3.58.03 PM.png

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

I have installed affinity photo 1.6.0.89. 1.6.JPG.d0ab9d7470014095d8464e221a741e00.JPG

Looking to find the free content but unable to find it.  I get the same welcome screen as before. There is no option of scrolling to different welcome screen photos.  Only one picture shows and stays there. welcome.JPG.01991fc1b94650233bee9276a9749758.JPG

My firewall has granted access to Affinity.  firewall.JPG.4424ce63e6e72e1e3292026638838e09.JPG

I have a Affinity Store account.  I use google Chrome.  When I go to the Affinity Store (not using any link but simply going to the site), I only see an old macro download available along with the Affinity Photo program. 

affinity.JPG.a74a14e8e0e98ca251a48683c84dfedd.JPG

macros.JPG.494b177de7dfb8ecc72950d939609323.JPG  

I've tried some of the suggestions of changing languages back and forth or resetting the user defaults, but to no avail.  I am connected to the internet via a LAN with plenty of speed.  How might I find a way to get this free content?

Edited by radlknight
clarification

No ad blocker installed for Chrome.  Ah, but we do have a Comodo Endpoint Security.  I'll have to talk to IT to try get a work around that.  So there is no way to simply have the macro downloads put into the "downloads & product keys" page on people's Affinity Store account?

downloads.JPG.faf62826525b1e82dd102a3d49ec120c.JPG

2 hours ago, FrankT said:

Dutch is my native language. As indicated above the I solved it.  (Niederländisch ist meine Muttersprache. Wie bereits erwähnt hab ich es gelöst.)

Sorry - I did not translate your Post correctly

I deinstalled all Affinity Produkts. I insatlled it new. No result.

So I used a little Trick:

On a second Computer i installed the programms. Then I can order the goodies on my account by affinity. I download it and then I de-installed the programs on the second Computer.

7 minutes ago, radlknight said:

So there is no way to simply have the macro downloads put into the "downloads & product keys" page on people's Affinity Store account?

It is sort of a Catch 22: once you can get the link to appear in the Welcome window & use it to "buy" the freebies (for a total price of zero), the links to download them do appear in the "downloads & product keys" page.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Now sorted for me... Instead of fighting to get to the right welcome screen through Affinity, I went to the App store, clicked Updates, asked to update Affinity, and it happened almost instantly. Then I got the welcome screen with the link for the software. Successfully downloaded the Macro. The others, so far, have downloaded only in part. I was also able to register at the Affinity Store (impossible before with my going through my email and Affinity software or directly to the store).

Got it, but strange that I had to copy the Affinity Shop cart page address link from FFox over to Chrome to see the page at all, and complete my free content order. For some reason FFox kept showing me a blank, white page no matter how many times I reloaded the page. I had updated from Photo 1.5 and had no problem seeing the free content link in my splash screen though. I use Win 10. Always something with FFox!

Designing, Arting, Writing, Crafting, Lover of the Creative Life

1610156076_ACDSLogoSignature300x85.jpg.c89db6d14f97a9fa918b538f50ce769d.jpg

Linktr.ee

I'm on a Mac and have updated both Photo and Designer - both purchased through the Apple App Store.

Nothing shows in the Welcome Screen regarding the Freebies.

Have changed default language to English and restarted both programmes and computer - still nothing.

Do I have to set up and Affinty store account for Mac.

If I have to do this - How Do I do It.

Could someone please put me the right direction.

Thanks, Anyone,

• Staff
37 minutes ago, clandestine said:

Hey guys, i havent read the full topic. If there is already a solution, sorry for posting.

... All the links on the welcome screen work and open the corresponding websites, but no offer :P

No there is not a generic solution to this yet, except on Windows where upgrading Internet Explorer has sorted this for some. We will be putting a lot of effort into sorting this out next week, and I would expect it to be working for everyone very soon. We have had over 50,000 users claim this content so it's not a problem for all, and for those who are currently frustrated can I suggest that you enjoy the software and try again next week. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

52 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

No there is not a generic solution to this yet, except on Windows where upgrading Internet Explorer has sorted this for some.

As I understand it, the language issue has been fully corrected & should no longer be an issue for anyone. Is that right?

BTW, once again I want to thank all of the staff for the effort you have already put into addressing this issue, particularly over the weekend. I hope you have a chance to take a break & enjoy a little time off during what is left of it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

As I understand it, the language issue has been fully corrected & should no longer be an issue for anyone. Is that right?

BTW, once again I want to thank all of the staff.... 

That's correct, changing the language of the software is not going to make a missing feed reappear. That was 90% of the problems on day one, we are now down to the last 10%

Thanks for the thanks. I also appreciate the support given by non staff. There have been 2 service staff  & 5 tech support staff doing tickets and forums, and at least one programmer on yesterday and today, but the assistance by other users is often what gets to the bottom of the problems presented. It's a shame that these problems occur, but we try to resolve them together quickly. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Fellow MAC USERS : ISSUES DOWNLOADING AFFINITY FREE ITEMS

Hi I was having the same issues , now resolved. Try this:-

1)         Update your Affinity Photo and or Affinity designer in the Apple App store

2)         Check the issue by opening them up, if you don’t have the start up screen then:-

3)         Scroll along the top bar to HELP and then welcome, tick show on start up.

4)         The welcome screen scrolls to free content download click clain now.

5)         Serif opens up , fill in the details … <mod edit> choose "New to Affinity" and any email address & password you wish. </mod edit>

6)         You should receive an email from Affinity store with the download links in. DON’T down load them from here.

7)         Make sure the Firewall allows the Affinity Apps to go through ( System preferences, security, firewall)

8)         DOWNLOAD  Firefox web browser ( I could not download free items from Safari)

9)         Search for AFFINITY STORE, open an account or log in with your email address from ( Apple app Store – the one you used from the store to download AFFINITY APPS.

10)       When you are signed in Click on your name at the top right, go to Downloads and product keys  and down loads should be there.

This worked for me Good luck

1 hour ago, pleased2help said:

5)         Serif opens up , fill in the details … EMAIL ADDRESS MUST BE THE ONE YOU USED TO GET THE APP.. ie if from Apple APP store then use that EMAIL !!!

The freebies are ‘purchased’ through Serif’s Affinity Store. If you’re a Mac user, your app purchase or upgrade is made through the Mac App Store run by Apple, so only they will have your customer details and it won’t matter if you use a different email address for your Affinity Store account. If you’re a Windows user, you will already have an Affinity Store account and you should therefore choose the ‘Existing User’ option.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
1 minute ago, Alfred said:

The freebies are ‘purchased’ through Serif’s Affinity Store. If you’re a Mac user, your app purchase or upgrade is made through the Mac App Store run by Apple, so only they will have your customer details and it won’t matter if you use a different email address for your Affinity Store account. If you’re a Windows user, you will already have an Affinity Store account and you should therefore choose the ‘Existing User’ option.

Correct Alfred, I already modified point 5 while you were writing that. Although you are technically correct about the "existing user" option, choosing "New to Affinity" works for existing users too, after checking with the customer that they meant to use the existing account 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd