You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

MEB

16 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

I'm really pleased, do you mind telling me how you changed the settings so others who have uninstalled it can see the feed? 

Patrick - in CHROME

type chrome://flags/ and load in browser

Search for (FIND) TLS

Set to  'ENABLED (Draft)'

restart browser - start AP and content links work OK.

cheers, Paul

• Staff
16 hours ago, qaman333 said:

Hi,

1. I cannot find the page to register on the store account. I keep being directed to the Apple store page. Can somebody post a link to it?

2. The welcome page has no link do download anything. See screenshot attached.

3. I think that  the excellent programmers at Serif could have come with a more intuitive and user friendly way to download software, as proven by the many, many frustrated posts in this string

Thanks,

Qaman333

qaman333,

Can you please look again at the Welcome screen inside the app, we have changed one of the settings so that Safari 6 and IE 8 now work on their default settings.

IF you were on Windows 7 or Mac OS Lion or Mountain Lion then you may now see this feed where yesterday they were not there for those systems. If you are not and don't see the content then just check you have not blocked your application with a firewall or packet sniffer, as it NEEDS to talk to the internet to display this dynamic content.

IF you still cannot follow the links in the welcome screen then message me or post back here.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
9 minutes ago, PaulAffinity said:

Patrick - in CHROME

type chrome://flags/ and load in browser

Search for (FIND) TLS

Set to  'ENABLED (Draft)'

restart browser - start AP and content links work OK.

cheers, Paul

If Chrome is your default browser, then this would help, after a customer has managed to see the Welcome screen pages, but where clicking on the links does not show you the store. Our store needs TLS 1.2 support, which Internet Explorer 8 (default install) and Safari 6 do not support . Most people will not need this in Chrome, as it will already be enabled. May I ask which version of Chrome you needed to change this on and whether you turned it off or think it may have come like this.

Your fix is NOT the "solution" for those who cannot yet see the welcome feed, as the software is not affected by Chrome settings, But once you/others can see the feed, some users ARE struggling with the store pages too.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

19 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

If Chrome is your default browser, then this would help, after a customer has managed to see the Welcome screen pages, but where clicking on the links does not show you the store. Our store needs TLS 1.2 support, which Internet Explorer 8 (default install) and Safari 6 do not support . Most people will not need this in Chrome, as it will already be enabled. May I ask which version of Chrome you needed to change this on and whether you turned it off or think it may have come like this.

Your fix is NOT the "solution" for those who cannot yet see the welcome feed, as the software is not affected by Chrome settings, But once you/others can see the feed, some users ARE struggling with the store pages too.

Hi,

Chrome 61.0.3163.100

64 bit under Win 7

This was a solution for me as I do not use IE. Removed completely.

I got AP splash screen but not the 3 pages of content, so I could not download the freebies.

Set TLS to Enabled and it appeared so I could download from the AP splash screen links straight into chrome to order...

Hope that helps?

P

20 minutes ago, dotheDVDeed said:

When will links for the free content ever appear here? All I see is "You have no digital product orders".

They won't appear there until you access the free content offer from the Welcome screen of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer.

Please go back & carefully read MEB's first post in this topic, particularly the first several paragraphs.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Nope, there is nothing in the Welcome Screen. Reinstalling and changing language defaults make no difference.

Some of us work in huge organizations with little control over network antivirus protection and firewalls.

So if this is a necessity then I guess Mac Users like me are Sh... Out of Luck.

3 minutes ago, dotheDVDeed said:

Some of us work in huge organizations with little control over network antivirus protection and firewalls.

Do you have a Mac with AD and/or AP on it that you can use outside the organization? If so, you could try accessing the Welcome screen(s) from there.

Otherwise, maybe talk to your IT people & explain the situation. If you set up an Affinity Store account from work, they must be allowing some access to that site, so maybe they can help you figure out why accessing the offer page from the Welcome screen is being blocked.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 2.11.2017 at 4:18 PM, JackofDiamonds said:

Is it correct to assume that the free macro pack and Grade UI are the same versions as were freely available before?

On 2.11.2017 at 4:19 PM, MEB said:

Yes, as far as i know there's no changes here.

On 2.11.2017 at 6:42 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Yes the same. We don't distinguish when we make the basket up whether you have had these before, so everyone gets the 3 items whether they have had one before or not, but the GradeUI kit and the Macro Pack have not changed for this release.

Hi folks,

maybe the content of the free GradeUI is the same ... but at least the file sizes of several files have changed (so I guess the content as well).

As you can see in the attached screenshot - I marked the files that differ in size. On the left side it's the download I made today whereas on the right side you see the files from August 2016.5a0269d653bcf_Bildschirmfoto2017-11-08um03_12_15.thumb.jpg.075be4b9a78284f59cee5ffeec4fe890.jpg

I just opened exemplaric the "Promo" file - I couldn't see any difference - but the structure and amount of elements where slightly different - as you can see exemplary for the group "Map" I just opened here.

5a026ce909512_Bildschirmfoto2017-11-08um03_30_39.thumb.jpg.fb5edde02845f84d61020a4a69c656f2.jpg5a026ceaaf03f_Bildschirmfoto2017-11-08um03_30_28.thumb.jpg.8cab1e21024be52d9723bd60fb4709ba.jpg

Cheers,

Stefan.

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

macOS Sierra 10.13.6;
MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

31 minutes ago, justdraw said:

Hi, good but emojis don´t work well on mac.

If you mean Apple Color Emojis, on my iMac they do not work at all. I can add one of them to a frame or art text object from the Mac Emojis & Symbol viewer & they appear on the Layers menu & in the History panel, but not on the canvas or artboard.

Affinity Photo 

The inability to see the additional screen to download the free software is NOT just Mac related. I am using Windows 10 Creators and am unable to see the download screen. I bought Affinity Photo soon after its release. I have done a complete extensive uninstall and reinstall, tried Internet Explorer 11, Opera, Palemoon, Firefox and Chrome without success. LTS 1.1 etc are enabled. Firewall has Affinity as a trusted app. Disabling adblocker and antivirus also without effect. Oh and I tried the language change without success.

You are losing some of the enormous goodwill you had gained from your excellent program and tutorials. Please sort the above as soon as possible.

So I was going to install the free fonts into Font Book on my Mac but Font Book says there are serious problems with them and that I should not install them!

So to install or not to install?

5a030f09242cb_ScreenShot2017-11-08at14_52_47.thumb.png.549ee092a844a245a1862fbaab756be8.png

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

purchased the original version of Affinity Photo from Apple, and have recently downloaded the update.  Have never received the "extras" included with this update (until Nov. 16).  Have tried to find way to acquire these extras, with no luck.  When I originally purchased Affinity Photo (when it first came out), I signed up for an account with Affinity Photo, currently, my e-mail address and password do not work for your website.  Apparently they do work for the Forums.  Would like to obtain the add-ons, especially for sky content.  Please advise.

thank you,

• Staff

Hi mstratos,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To get the extras go to menu Help ▸ Welcome.... One of the pages of the horizontal scroller has a dedicated page for the extras with a Claim Now button. Click on it to be directed to the Affinity Store.

If you are a Mac user and never bought the Affinity Designer Workbook from the Affinity Store you probably don't have an account there (the only other items we sell there are the Windows versions of our apps). You Affinity Forum account is not linked with the Affinity Store account in any way. They are completely independent. When you bough Affinity Photo you probably signed-up for a newsletter - filling just your e-mail - we never sold the Mac apps on the Affinity Store and the only way to create an account there is by buying something in the store. So after being redirected, fill in your details in the New to Affinity? tab to create your account/complete the extras"order". You will then be redirected to a page from where you can download the extras.

2 hours ago, markw said:

So I was going to install the free fonts into Font Book on my Mac but Font Book says there are serious problems with them and that I should not install them!

Is there any way to find out what Font Book's validator has detected as problematic? There are no integrity problems with the font files, and my font editor finds nothing more serious than overlapping contours in the guillemets in Jimmy Sans Bold (presumably the result of fattening the guillemets in the Regular style without checking that the chevrons were still far enough apart to avoid collision).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
2 hours ago, mm1d said:

Re: Inabilty to download free offer in Windows 10 above.

I also tried on a different computer on Windows 10. This also did not give me access to the download screen.

mmd1,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

It should not have been this hard, sorry. The majority of users have been able to claim (currently well over 100,000 users)

Please email affinity@serif.com and tell them which application (Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer or both) . Explain I sent you (Patrick Connor) and what you have tried and they should be able to help you directly.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

3 hours ago, markw said:

I installed the JimmySans & JimmyScript fonts on my iMac running Sierra via Font Book. Because I selected all 10 fonts, I initially got duplicate warnings but after allowing Font Book to automatically resolve the dups, validation found no errors:

5a033f7ceabbb_Fontvalidation.png.1316d8aa6794340688f6ac19e31a19df.png

Affinity Photo 

Thanks Alfred and R-C-R for the reply’s/suggestions,
I don’t have time right now to try again. But will try loading them into Font Book again tomorrow.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

So I decided on “full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes!” And installed the fonts regardless of the dire Font Book warnings!

FontWarnings.thumb.png.8f6f8eecfeb44a7a1d466f91a232f514.png

I restarted Font Book after installing each set of fonts, (as the app became hugely sluggish).
I then Validated each set of fonts again, as suggested by R-C-R, and removed the duplicate copies Font Book found within these sets.
Font Book is now happy and says the remaining ones are safe to use.

2 hours ago, markw said:

I restarted Font Book after installing each set of fonts, (as the app became hugely sluggish).
I then Validated each set of fonts again, as suggested by R-C-R, and removed the duplicate copies Font Book found within these sets.
Font Book is now happy and says the remaining ones are safe to use.

Sometimes for me as well Font Book gets sluggish and/or won't update the listing of newly installed fonts until I quit & restart it. I don't know why.

Affinity Photo 

On 6.11.2017 at 5:41 PM, Patrick Connor said:

It would appear that the feed does not appear on Lion or Mountain Lion, as it requires TLS 1.1 and 1.2 which is only supported be default from Safari 7 onwards.

I do not think that the feed can be made to show for you, sorry.

Hi Patrick,

well, seems like Serif did some Magic: Just startet both programs again on my 10.8.5. Mac - and now the welcome screen updated immediatelly and showed the download link!
Thanks, it worked now :-)

☛ Affinity Designer 1.6.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.6.7 ◆ Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.0.192 ◆ OSX Yosemite

• Staff
5 hours ago, MacHolgi said:

Hi Patrick,

well, seems like Serif did some Magic: Just startet both programs again on my 10.8.5. Mac - and now the welcome screen updated immediatelly and showed the download link!
Thanks, it worked now :-)

Yes, we lowered the server security settings for just the welcome service. Fingers crossed Lion and Mountain Lion and IE 8&9 can all see the 1.6.x feed now (unless firewall blocked) . 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd