You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v_kyr

This time some Fire Styles (a few of them have transparency, though most do not) for those who might have a use for these things. - [NOTE: that these styles work best when used on very dark (preferable deep black) backgrounds!]

• post-49706-0-30893800-1489185956_thumb.jpg
  • post-49706-0-43239300-1489186881_thumb.jpg

The compressed AD styles file ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thanks,as always ;) Btw,how did you manage to get them to "not be" on a cog/shape?

When a used bitmap image has transparency (a transparent PNG) and the base shape (a rectangle or whatever shape) you place that bitmap on isn't completely filled out by that bitmap, then the result will look like this for cog styles in the styles panel! - In short, the transparency part of a bitmap gives this effect.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kent Davis said:

I just did download zip and how can I put .adstyle into Affinity? Can you explain me step by step I will get it.

Which Affinity app are you using, and on what platform?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Kent Davis said:

Both Affinity Designer for iPad Pro and iMac plus Affinity Photo for iPad Pro and iMac too.

I’ve just tried various routes to get them into the iPad apps, without success. I wonder whether the file format is incompatible with version 1.6. :/

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
13 hours ago, Kent Davis said:

I did not answer from you Kaylyn.

I am following the user Kaylyn (who is a 95% probability a spammer) just to see what they do next and when.

I don't think you can load .afstyles files into the iPad versions of Designer, sorry. (well not without iPad Photo installed apparently myref ADI-320)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

39 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

I don't think you can load .afstyles files into the iPad versions of Designer, sorry. (well not without iPad Photo installed apparently

I have both apps installed here, but I’ve had no luck at all with @v_kyr’s styles. They worked fine in the Windows apps the last time I checked (almost certainly in version 1.6, which negates my earlier comment about a potential version compatibility issue).

Alfred spacer.png

Start by unzipping the contents of the zip archive that you downloaded. Now go to the Styles panel, click on the four-bar ‘hamburger’ menu icon in the top right-hand corner and choose 'Import Styles'. Finally, browse to the unzipped *.afstyles file.

Alfred spacer.png

Click on the icon in the top right-hand corner to display the dropdown menu.

0578A05D-2974-40A4-8D39-F053364CEE26.png

Alfred spacer.png