You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v_kyr

18 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

I don't think you can load .afstyles files into the iPad versions of Designer, sorry. (well not without iPad Photo installed apparently myref ADI-320)

17 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I have both apps installed here, but I’ve had no luck at all with @v_kyr’s styles. They worked fine in the Windows apps the last time I checked (almost certainly in version 1.6, which negates my earlier comment about a potential version compatibility issue).

I don’t know what went wrong with my previous attempts, but I’ve now successfully imported @v_kyr’s Fire styles into both iPad apps (via iCloud Drive).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

These styles have been created 2017 with an AD 1.6.x release version and not any of the actual 1.7.x beta versions. If those don't work in/for an actual 1.7.x beta version you have to blame Affinity for loosing their styles file compatibility over updated software version iterations. - Further if you instead use a still actual 1.6.x release version these styles usually should be imported (1.7.x betas aren't meant for production either way) ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Well so it's more your usage fault here. - BTW, you have to be always careful when working and using shared cloud storage files with the Affinity products, since if you work with/on remote files and the remote connection gets lost (time outs) you may have afterwards data losts. Thus you better always work with files already copied on your local file system and so transfer those first before using them.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 3 years later...
On 3/10/2017 at 10:54 PM, v_kyr said:

This time some Fire Styles (a few of them have transparency, though most do not) for those who might have a use for these things. - [NOTE: that these styles work best when used on very dark (preferable deep black) backgrounds!]

• post-49706-0-30893800-1489185956_thumb.jpg
  • post-49706-0-43239300-1489186881_thumb.jpg

The compressed AD styles file ...

These are fabulous. Thank you.