You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta (1.5.0.2)

Welcome to the first public beta of Affinity Designer on Windows! The beta is available here. The Mac version is available here.

Known issues:

• Text input is slow
  • Single clicks can be mistaken for double clicks
    • Workaround: Click slightly slower when adding points, or decrease the double click time in the Windows Control Panel (fixed in 1.5.0.3)
  • The second point on a new curve doesn't render the tool correctly
  • Trackpads don't work properly in Bootcamp (non force feedback trackpads aren't able to pinch to zoom, and force touch trackpads are unable to spacebar and pan)
    • Workaround: Use a mouse, or install the Trackpad++ driver (disclaimer: this is 3rd party software, and as such we accept zero responsibility for any issues arising from it's use)

If you experience any problems with installation, please read the Install FAQ first.

If you experience any other problems with the beta, please can you create a new post describing your problem, and we will try our best to deal with it :) .

Got the Windows beta.

Everything works good except when that it crashes after try to make some edits. Also, the app windows expands to full-screen when loading for some reason.

Another problem I found is that when I try to send an error report I get a "500 internal server" error. 

• Staff

Where can I download the beta?, I'm registered since april, but I don't receive any mail

I've just sent you a private message :)

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

@laurentia - It seems to be having an issue writing the colour profiles to appdata for next runup, I've reported this and thanks for bringing it to our attention

@JamesD - What specific edits were you making that caused the crash, can you give me some steps to reproduce it? The app loads windowed for me. The crash report server seems set up ok, i'll speak with a dev and see if they have any idea why this might be happening, are you using any AV software?

If you have any specific issues to report new threads are preferred, as it just helps us keep track of things a bit better and stops this thread from getting too cluttered.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hello,

I downloaded beta version of Affinity Designer - Public Beta. But i have problem with open application. Application at start loading and after this screen:

2labrx2.png

stop lanuching and all processes dead. :(

I have windows 10 pro. I try on windows 7 and the same problem..

I seem to have the same issue as @neofar, I have been registered on the mailing list for a while, and on the windows page when it asks me to insert my credentials for download it says I am already registered!

Guess the download page might be in beta as well  :D .

Please do look into this, so I can FINALLY!!! try Affinity Designer.

It's been good knowing you Illustrator... But I seem to be getting into an affair  :wub:

EDIT:

- Tried registering again with my work email and yet to receive the link. 

- Tried my registering again with my personal and... IT WORKED!!!

Be back in a week after exploring it's ainffinity depths!

1.5.0.4 on  Intel i7-4790, 32Gb,  Radeon R9 390 8Gb, on Windows 10 

Downloaded and installed without any issues on Windows 7 64-bit. A few first impressions:

• The dark user interface gives me a headache after ten minutes of use, so I won't be able to do much serious testing with this until there is a choice. Larger text and icons would help, but a lighter interface is essential.
  • I already found "Reopen document on startup" in Edit, Preferences, General. This is what I would always use as I tend to work for a long time on each project. It would be nice if the zoom level and position were also restored.
  • Exiting the program shows a delay of a few seconds, just long enough to make me wonder whether my Ctrl Q shortcut worked as expected. 
  • Learning the program looks like it won't take very long. Tabs, Persona, Customising, etc., are all familiar to anyone who has used Serif's Windows programs before. 
  • Sliders for setting preferences don't work in the usual way by dragging the position indicator, but only by clidking on the slider bar

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

• Staff

Hello,

I downloaded beta version of Affinity Designer - Public Beta. But i have problem with open application. Application at start loading and after this screen:

2labrx2.png

stop lanuching and all processes dead. :(

I have windows 10 pro. I try on windows 7 and the same problem..

Hi Arek,

Can you give me the install location that you installed Affinity into please? There is currently a known issue whereby installing to a folder containing special/accented characters will cause the issue you are seeing.

• Staff

您好,我从很早就开始关注,但是今天没有收到参加测试的邮件,请问在哪里获得亲和Windows版本?

如果您在公测注册再次你会立即收到下载链接:)

C

• Staff

Hi Sean!

I've registered in the first day of the Window Beta announcement, but I can't have the download link yet.

How long do I have to wait more?

Hi Yooseonpa,

If you sign up for the beta again you will instantly receive a download link :)

thanks

C

"C:\Program Files\Serif\Affinity Designer Public Beta\Designer.exe"

Hi Arek,

Can you give me the install location that you installed Affinity into please? There is currently a known issue whereby installing to a folder containing special/accented characters will cause the issue you are seeing.

@laurentia - It seems to be having an issue writing the colour profiles to appdata for next runup, I've reported this and thanks for bringing it to our attention

@JamesD - What specific edits were you making that caused the crash, can you give me some steps to reproduce it? The app loads windowed for me. The crash report server seems set up ok, i'll speak with a dev and see if they have any idea why this might be happening, are you using any AV software?

If you have any specific issues to report new threads are preferred, as it just helps us keep track of things a bit better and stops this thread from getting too cluttered.

I was trying to make edits to my artist resume, and was using the frame text tool. However, every time I used it Affinity Designer would crash. And I am using Anti-virus software. Could that be preventing me from sending error reports?

Below is a gif of what I am talking about:

post-3208-0-40479300-1467280525_thumb.gif

• Staff

Hi JamesD,

Would you be able to upload the file to dropbox and PM me a link so I can see if I can reproduce the crash? It's a bit of a stab in the dark, i'm guessing something is preventing the connection, but if you let me know what you use i'll see if I get similar behaviour.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi JamesD,

Would you be able to upload the file to dropbox and PM me a link so I can see if I can reproduce the crash? It's a bit of a stab in the dark, i'm guessing something is preventing the connection, but if you let me know what you use i'll see if I get similar behaviour.

Sure. Give me a few minutes.

In the meantime. here is a gif of the problem I am having:

post-3208-0-13869600-1467280608_thumb.gif

preferences

can´t drag UI gamma all the way down

tool handle size: why is that highlighted blue, at least it looks strange to me

I can change view quality/ language without restart (On the mac version, AD restarts after one closes the presences)

is there any way to get the app into real fullscreen without the bottom windows bar? (without hiding the windows bar generally)

AD does not remember the last panel I had active (always goes back to the “effects” tab although I left it with the “layers” tab open

WORST: I can´t pinch and zoom!!! SORRY Guys for not reading the description properly!

at some point I made two changes in the registry to have the same scrolling bevhavior as the mac, could that the be an issue?

I had an 0x80131604 error during opening an afphoto file (I know I´m porpably not supposed to do that already but it does work in some cases)

I´m on a MBPr 2012 13inch

overall performance seems really on pair with the mac version as far as I can tell but without the trackpad pinch and zoom it´s hardly usable for me right now :unsure:

Edited by MBd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.