You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2.4.0.2222 interface goes out of screen

I don't know if this issue has been marked as fixed or not. When working on two monitors after the computer wakes up from sleep mode, the window appeared on the wrong monitor and went beyond the screen. MacOS Ventura

SCR-20240113-pryz.thumb.png.3cd1d2c00c924fb4ba117182b8849f38.png

At least one bug was marked fixed, as you can see in the list:

Possibly your situation is different.

Does Window > Zoom from the menu fix it?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

If this help.

I did nothing and let the computer sleep again. External monitor turned off at the same time. I use a KVM-switch to switch between different computers.

When I turned it back on, the window dropped down so that I could see it from above. But it looks like the size of the external monitor was remembered.

• Staff
20 hours ago, anto said:

@Dan C your thread closed for replies.

Thanks for letting me know, all FAQ posts are closed for replies and the 'Fixed' post is an automated message from the Serif Info Bot.

As this report is related to the beta version of the apps, our QA team will assist you further here as soon as possible :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
On 1/13/2024 at 5:14 PM, anto said:

If this help.

I did nothing and let the computer sleep again. External monitor turned off at the same time. I use a KVM-switch to switch between different computers.

When I turned it back on, the window dropped down so that I could see it from above. But it looks like the size of the external monitor was remembered.

I'm not quite sure what the video is trying to describe as it's not showing the entire screen. 

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I'm not quite sure what the video is trying to describe as it's not showing the entire screen. 

That was the problem: the program opened on the wrong monitor and didn't fit the frame.

On 1/13/2024 at 5:09 PM, walt.farrell said:

Does Window > Zoom from the menu fix it?

Have you tried that?

It works for me.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

• Staff

Why would I be joking? If your screen is not showing up in full after you switch it on(see the missing menu bar in your video), there's not much we can do. That's handled at an OS level. 

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Why would I be joking? If your screen is not showing up in full after you switch it on(see the missing menu bar in your video), there's not much we can do. That's handled at an OS level. 

Have you seen my first screenshot? Have you seen the screenshot on Dan's thread? Not the same? The error is not fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

@anto as per your other post, this issue still occurs on MacBooks in the current beta build 2.4.0.2294. I've updated the bug ticket to reflect this. 

The issue is still under investigation currently, when this is fixed, you will see a comment here from @Serif Info Bot advising you it has been fixed and in which build number.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@anto Could you kindly do me a favour? Can you re-test this issue in 2.4 Release?

We've tried testing it on 3 different machines, each with a different 4k monitor and we cannot reproduce it. Going back to earlier 2.4 and 2.3 builds we can reproduce so we are assuming this got fixed in the wash.

However, because there are so many reports, I'm concerned about waking up too many threads with customers saying it isn't fixed for them.

6 minutes ago, Chris B said:

@anto Could you kindly do me a favour? Can you re-test this issue in 2.4 Release?

We've tried testing it on 3 different machines, each with a different 4k monitor and we cannot reproduce it. Going back to earlier 2.4 and 2.3 builds we can reproduce so we are assuming this got fixed in the wash.

However, because there are so many reports, I'm concerned about waking up too many threads with customers saying it isn't fixed for them.

I have a 1920*1080 external monitor. I just opened Publisher on this monitor and pulled out the adapter to my computer. This is what I got on my mac.

SCR-20240304-miro.thumb.png.bdeca2f96fbc9642dd21a466ab39e96e.png

• Staff

Thanks Anto,

We have since been able to reproduce this and the set up to reproduce has been a little bit finicky - however I've updated the issue with a new recipe for 2.4.0.

• 4 weeks later...