You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD and AP Beta 2.1.0.1713 (Mac)- Accumulation is broken...

Hi there,

I'm still experiencing this with 1.10.x but I'm pretty sure it had been solved during 2.0 Beta...

Well.. It is back again... Even preview does not show accumulation's variation anymore.

image.png.6d82a7b8e0205ef25f9b1138ffbc3978.png

Basically all brushes which use Accumulation Jitter (default and creators' ones) act as "broken", and there is no difference between Flow and Accumulation.. It is like we're back to 1.2 engine... 🙃

Accumulation is very important for retouching tasks too.

Any chance to solve it in this cycle of fixes?

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

If you need more elements here I am with further investigations...

I'm using the Watercolour > Flat Shaped Bristles 02 where Accumulation seems to work.

I'm duplicating it then changing parameters to make it less complex... (Also you could spot a renaming bug here)

As you can see there is something dealing with Flow Jitter that creates a conflict.

If Flow Jitter is 0% Random > Accumulation Jitter seems to work

If Flow Jitter is 0% None > Accumulation Jitter is broken

Also Flow Jitter sticks back to Random instead of None just as it is supposed to be the default value.

So if there are brushes mixing these settings they're not acting as wanted, and all we've shown in tutorials and live sessions cannot be reproduced anymore.

Also... New brushes created in this version cannot use Accumulation at all.

The Flat Shaped Bristles 02 has been created during early stages of v2 Beta and retains that Accumulation behaviour (aside the Flow weirdness).

Here you can see me using the same nozzle and settings above, but "from scratch".

I cannot reproduce anymore the same brush I created in 2022.

PS. I'm using bold to spot keywords, do not read it as "screaming"... 😅 

I can confirm what Paolo has shown above, so there's no point on adding anything else to those issues. Hopefully this can be solved anytime soon 😊

- Enrique

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

1 hour ago, paolo.limoncelli said:

PS. I'm using bold to spot keywords, do not read it as "screaming"...

I have always interpreted bold or italic as just that, an important word or phrase.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Yes indeed something weird did happen here where we did think it was fixed in the V2 development, but somewhere somehow it broke again. It will be sorted before 2.1 is released.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

• 2 weeks later...

In ipad+apple pencil, pressure accumulation was working fine in earlier ver 2 updates, but now it's broken again since the recent update.
For the desktop version, I never got this working, except in very old version like 1.8.x

Hopefully, the developer can find a solution since this functionality is essential in digital painting

"hard round pressure opacity" brush is commonly used in tutorials and courses. This bug makes people think that Affinity cannot be used for digital painting

Thanks

• Staff

The issue "Brush accumulation appears broken in 1.9/2.0" (REF: AFP-4823) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1732".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:13 PM, Serif Info Bot said:

The issue "Brush accumulation appears broken in 1.9/2.0" (REF: AFP-4823) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1732".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

@Serif Info Bot What is meant by "fixed"?

In 2.1.0.1732 on macOS, accumulation is still acting the same as flow when a brush has no hue, saturation or luminosity jitter. 

I don't have 1.8 anymore and 1.10.6 is currently broken too, but from your 1.8 Brush Editor it looks as it should be (even if I guess you have Wet Edges On from your canvas).

Flow could stay off, since it is not needed and could be confusing.

As @,,, wrote above in 1.10.62.0 and this 1732 Beta  you need at least one of the HSL Jitters enabled(*) in order to make Accumulation work.

You can clearly see it here.

image.png.b7abe6beec52d94c31135a6dd6c78db9.png

This is a 1.8.x which had a Hue jitter too. It looks as it should, but if I turn H off typing 0 or setting to None...

image.png.026e0a92d52c660d454820372276399b.png

It turns Accumulation OFF again.

Please check these tools as attachment.

(*) It seems to me an ancient bug, I somehow remember it at certain point during very first iPad Beta.

Accumulation Issues.afbrushes

• Staff

The issue "Pixel Brush Tool fails to output if using Accumulation or Flow Jitter when its not 100%" (REF: AFP-3919) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1736".

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Brush accumulation appears broken in 1.9/2.0" (REF: AFP-4823) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".

• Staff

The issue "Pixel Brush Tool fails to output if using Accumulation or Flow Jitter when its not 100%" (REF: AFP-3919) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".

• 1 month later...