You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.4)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Please Note: We will do our utmost to fix anything that emerges as quickly as possible, but we just wanted you to understand that for production work we would recommend using the Mac App Store version until this beta has been validated for a few weeks.

Notable changes:

- New “Affinity Retouching” Extension for the Photos App on OS X El Capitan. Now includes haze removal!

- New “Live Stacks” capability - File -> New Stack. Auto alignment is currently not present - it will be added in a subsequent beta.

- New support in the Develop Persona for multiple engines - added “Core Image RAW” as a new engine. Use the Develop Assistant to specify your preferred engine.

- New support for Pantone colours - including PDF/X import and export. Pantones available in the Swatches panel.

- New alpha selection features - Select -> Alpha Range -> Opaque / Transparent / Partially Transparent.

- New “Clipping Preview” function for Levels adjustment (Option key while dragging).

- New blend mode - “Contrast Invert”.

- Certain adjustments (Levels, Curves, Channel Mixer) can now be applied in any colour space - so you could add a LAB curves adjustment to an RGB document, for example.

- Perspective filter (single plane) can now be applied as a Live Filter.

- New UI in Preferences to list detected plugins and indicate if they are expected to work - the list updates each time you run the app (if you have an internet connection). We will be populating the list over the coming few days (we may need your help!).

- The Move tool can now be told to move a layer, but not children of that layer. It’s an option on the context toolbar and will only show up if you have a non-group layer selected which has child layers.

- Numerous PSD export / import improvements - Some fixes that should help create PSD files that FCPX and Motion can import.  Fixed import vector masking issue with subtractive masks.  PSD export can now export efficient flat image which decreases files sizes for flat RGB images).

- You can now double click the empty view (with no documents loaded) to load a document.

- Keyboard shortcuts are now properly saved for tools.

- Numerous improvements to vector import / export - especially for PDF/X.

- Fix for incorrectly exporting the opposite of what the user requested with the ‘1x’/‘2x’/‘3x’ options in Export Persona.

- Fix for documents with Pixel unit types incorrectly loading into the Mac App Store version (just open your document and save it again in this version to fix).

- Numerous Help improvements.

- Numerous minor bug fixes - including masks.

What does that mean?

I guess the status for this plugin is "unknown"...

As Andy pointed it out, the list needs to be populated

PS. And by the way, great job guys, sounds like great new features !

OS X 10.12 - AP 1.6.6 - AD 1.6

YES.

Bring on PMS, artboards and bleeds/trim marks to Designer and I might just switch from AI for good.  :)

(Although PMS alone would already be good enough for a few projects, especially smaller stuff that I'd export to .pdf and link into InDesign anyway…)

Hoping for an explanation of use cases for the live stack modes, and they´ll be live like blend modes but I guess that´s for sure.

Thank you very much Affinity Team!

The Levels clipping thing is awesome and the Colorspace options for adjustments as well - but I´ll have to watch some videos about the exact use of them.

Also the Perspective tool is awesome, I´d just make it the default when clicking on the icon in the tools section on the left side and make a checkbox in the toolbox to use it destructively.

- Perspective filter (single plane) can now be applied as a Live Filter.

This is GOLD :D

P.S. I don’t like how the bounding box seems to keep the shape of the original image size. It should match the new size despite being a live filter.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

Yes thats going to be VERY convenient for speedy color-correction workflows!

"- Certain adjustments (Levels, Curves, Channel Mixer) can now be applied in any colour space - so you could add a LAB curves adjustment to an RGB document, for example."

wow very interesting !

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I wonder how an CMYK curves adjustment works when the document is in RGB mode.

I thought the color space wasn't the same - I mean - not every color has an equivalent, right?

Doesn't this produce any blind spots? Did you do any workarounds for them or is there anything to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance!

- New support in the Develop Persona for multiple engines - added “Core Image RAW” as a new engine. Use the Develop Assistant to specify your preferred engine.

Wait a moment... Are you saying that there will be further engines???  :blink:

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

I wonder how an CMYK curves adjustment works when the document is in RGB mode.

I thought the color space wasn't the same - I mean - not every color has an equivalent, right?

Doesn't this produce any blind spots? Did you do any workarounds for them or is there anything to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance!

yes ,   and  what  kind of  cmyk space is used  ? 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.