You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request to Change The Avatar In My Profile

Hi, I'm brand new here, so please excuse the lack of protocol.

Can someone kindly grant me permission to change the avatar on my profile? Or do we need to be a member for a certain number of days first? 

Thanks!

- sly 

Click on your name at top right, select 'profile' from the drop-down list, then click on the picture icon ('profile photo') just under your current avatar.

Grahame

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core 3.6GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD, GeForce RTX-3060ti GPU, 64-Bit Windows 11
Affinity Publisher/ Designer/ Photo 1.10.6.1665 and 2.4.2

"I don't do fruit-based technology."

3 hours ago, weegiegrum said:

Click on your name at top right, select 'profile' from the drop-down list, then click on the picture icon ('profile photo') just under your current avatar.

That only works for users who have been here long enough (time and/or posts). Newer users cannot change their avatar.

An administrator will need to grant permission to @SLY, or they will have to wait a few days and have more forum activity.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Ah, my bad sorry. It seemed to work for me early enough, but I had made a couple or three posts by then.

Grahame

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core 3.6GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD, GeForce RTX-3060ti GPU, 64-Bit Windows 11
Affinity Publisher/ Designer/ Photo 1.10.6.1665 and 2.4.2

"I don't do fruit-based technology."

@walt.farrell » Thanks! That's what I was wondering.

@weegiegram » (Respectfully) I do know how to change my profile setting, but it wouldn't allow me to, and I figured there must be some kind of restrictions. 

Thanks, both!

Welcome to the Forums, @SLY 😊  Possibly with a few more postings you will be able to change your avatar.  Perhaps you will be able to find some interesting posts in the Share Your Work or Resources sections that will elicit honest comments from you. 🤗

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

43 minutes ago, SLY said:

I figured there must be some kind of restrictions

There are indeed: you need to be a member for a minimum of 4 posts and 3 days before you can change your profile picture without admin intervention.

35 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

Perhaps you will be able to find some interesting posts in the Share Your Work or Resources sections that will elicit honest comments from you. 🤗

Or even dishonest ones! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, awakenedbyowls said:

OK then here goes my second post in lieu of uploading an avatar in 3 days 👍

You only have 3 posts, the forum requires a minimum of 4. ;)

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

1 minute ago, awakenedbyowls said:

OK then so 4 days and counting but no avatar..

You’re too impatient! You only joined 95 hours and 57 minutes ago. ;)

Alfred spacer.png

Just now, awakenedbyowls said:

Which according to my estimations is > 3 days?

According to mine, too! But you wrote “4 days and counting”, so I thought it relevant to point out that it wasn’t quite 4 days.

I see that I posted something in early February about needing a minimum of 4 posts and 3 days. That may have been the wrong way around or completely incorrect, or the criteria may have been changed in the meantime. If it was simply the wrong way around (i.e. if it should have been 3 posts and 4 days) then you will be able to change your avatar now.

Alfred spacer.png

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

According to mine, too! But you wrote “4 days and counting”, so I thought it relevant to point out that it wasn’t quite 4 days.

I see that I posted something in early February about needing a minimum of 4 posts and 3 days. That may have been the wrong way around or completely incorrect, or the criteria may have been changed in the meantime. If it was simply the wrong way around (i.e. if it should have been 3 posts and 4 days) then you will be able to change your avatar now.

It might have been 4 and 3 and not 3 and 4 indeed. I posted this just after the time I joined on Monday though just in case it was 4 days? but perhaps my avatar separation anxiety was a tad premature.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @William Kalfelz Wusik,

I can see your account was very close to automatically assigning the new 'group' here on the forums that would have allowed you to change your profile avatar - so I have manually made this change for you on your account now as a one-off, so that you can change your profile picture sooner rather than later :D

10 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi @William Kalfelz Wusik,

I can see your account was very close to automatically assigning the new 'group' here on the forums that would have allowed you to change your profile avatar - so I have manually made this change for you on your account now as a one-off, so that you can change your profile picture sooner rather than later :D

Ahhh, thanks, now I feel like part of the family. ❤️ 🙂

• 1 month later...

Everyone is posting about "changing" the Avatar; I still can't figure out how to get one on my profile.   Any suggestions?  Am I on probation since I just got here yesterday? (that one I could accept; means it ain't my fault)  OR could it possibly be that this 69 year old retiree who is getting lazier by the minute just plain overlooked the procedure.  (that one I can accept, but I'd have to deny it in public.)

Just now, Mortimer said:

Everyone is posting about "changing" the Avatar; I still can't figure out how to get one on my profile.   Any suggestions?  Am I on probation since I just got here yesterday? (that one I could accept; means it ain't my fault)  OR could it possibly be that this 69 year old retiree who is getting lazier by the minute just plain overlooked the procedure.  (that one I can accept, but I'd have to deny it in public.)

Former.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

@Mortimer

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, try now :) by clicking here https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/profile/157756-Mortimer/photo/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon