I'm still missing the text rulers in Designer. The help says there should be an icon for activating them, but that simply doesn't show up. There also no entry in the view menu.

8 minutes ago, maxen said:

The help says there should be an icon for activating them

Good point, I can't it find also. Only available in APu.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 8 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Confirmed on Windows 10.
The Text Ruler is mentioned in the Designer Help – on the “Frame Text Tool” page – but there is no icon on the Context Toolbar, or View menu entry, when editing Frame Text (even one that was created in Publisher).

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

Confirmed on Windows 10.

Same for the builtin help in the 1.8.x macOS retail (& the latest beta) versions of both AP & AD

I suspect neither app actually supports text rulers & the Frame Text Tool help topic was copied from the APu help. Probably needs to be reported as a documentation bug.

Affinity Photo 1.8.4, Affinity Designer 1.8.4, Affinity Publisher 1.8.4;  2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 40GB RAM; macOS 10.15.6
Affinity Photo 
1.8.4.186 & Affinity Designer 1.8.4.4 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 14.0.1

Hi maxen,
Text frame rulers are only available in Affinity Publisher (along with a host of other features mentioned in the Help page by mistake). I will report this to the documentation team to be corrected (also affects Affinity Photo). Thanks for raising this up.

@MEB can you report this one too, from the Photo Help.
You can see in my image that it’s from Photo but it mentions Designer. (I didn’t want to raise another new ticket for such a small issue.)

Annotation 2020-04-01 125539.png

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi maxen,
Text frame rulers are only available in Affinity Publisher (along with a host of other features mentioned in the Help page by mistake). I will report this to the documentation team to be corrected (also affects Affinity Photo). Thanks for raising this up.

I'd rather like to see the rulers implemented into Designer...
:D

Hi guys. Im missing the Text Rulers in my version of Publisher 1.8.3 on Mac 10.15.4. I have no icon and even using the menu 'Show text ruler' I get nothing. Restarted machine and app. Any ideas? 

5 minutes ago, drummonkey77 said:

Hi guys. Im missing the Text Rulers in my version of Publisher 1.8.3 on Mac 10.15.4. I have no icon and even using the menu 'Show text ruler' I get nothing. Restarted machine and app. Any ideas? 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Just to be sure, do you have a text frame selected, and is the text cursor within that frame? That's the only time the text ruler will show.

Also, make sure you don't have View > Preview Mode enabled.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.852 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.852 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.863 Beta.

You're welcome  :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.852 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.852 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.863 Beta.

On 4/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, MEB said:

Hi maxen,

For the last hour I was trying to find it but I wasn't successful even with the Help tool.

I do wish the text rulers would be available in Affinity Designer too and not only in Affinity Publisher. It is quite handy and I used it a lot in Adobe Illustrator before.
Would be awesome if you guys could implement that in another update.