You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher iPad Sneak Peak

• Staff

I think only 6 or so people in the world have seen it so far (I am not one of those), patience. I agree a sneak peak would be fun to share

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

4 hours ago, cassandra1 said:

How do you download it to iPads?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Cassandra.

There is nothing to download yet, as there is no Publisher for iPad available to anyone outside the development team.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Lol, the topic heading is a 'little' misleading. Wanting a sneak peak would be more accurate.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, Donloggins said:

It would be nice if a beta version came out before September.  The iPad version was promised in 2020 and we are more then half way through the year.

I'm sure that if Serif Labs waited with the so called Studio Link into Affinity Publisher for iPad, it would been released already!

Probably, the integration of Studio Link may cause some performance issue so far for Serif, and, with a new version of iPadOS (v14) may also delay the release...

If we look at Affinity Designer for iPad, almost everything is already there in terms of core functionalities, but, some more to add of course ;-)

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

• Staff
18 hours ago, Donloggins said:

The iPad version was promised in 2020 and we are more then half way through the year.

The below quote is from Adam Whitehouse, the lead dev of Affinity Publisher from an interview published on the 19th of June:

Where do you see Affinity Publisher in the next few years? Anything you can tell us about Affinity Publisher for iPad?

Our roadmap for Publisher is huge. It’s virtually impossible to cherry-pick features to list here and now. It’s not a secret that Publisher for iPad is in development, and I would say development is going well. In fact, we’re not too far off having a technical preview that we might be able to share outside the team. It’s important to us though to keep a balance between iPad and desktop development, so it’ll be a while longer before we have anything to show publicly.

You can read the full article here - https://affinityspotlight.com/article/interview-with-adam-whitehouse-lead-affinity-publisher-developer/

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • Staff

Unfortunately we have no further update regarding Publisher for iPad currently, my sincerest apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Hi @maBodMaFun,

Welcome the the Affinity forums :)

Affinity Publisher for iPad is certainly still in development, simply I can't provide any further updates regarding an eta for it's beta/release at this time. I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

Many thanks!

7 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @maBodMaFun,

Welcome the the Affinity forums :)

Affinity Publisher for iPad is certainly still in development, simply I can't provide any further updates regarding an eta for it's beta/release at this time. I hope this clears things up!

Nice! Very happy to hear that! Thank you!

It’s almost three years since Affinity Publisher went public beta to Mac and Windows, but, we are waiting eagerly for first beta to iPad!

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

On 3/9/2021 at 8:42 AM, Lukey911 said:

i really wish the company would just provide us some rough sketch eta for the publisher for ipad.  im considering getting an imac just to use the publisher software but i would rather not If I can avoid it

or, at least, could compile the M1 version for Mac to iPad and show us how that will run on a new iPad Pro 2020 12.9”?

• Staff
2 hours ago, AffinityMakesMeSmile said:

could compile the M1 version for Mac to iPad and show us how that will run on a new iPad Pro 2020 12.9”

We have an iPad version of Photo and Designer. Building mac version for M1 targeted to iPad would run.... like the iPad version we already sell because it is already just that, but with UI suitable for the iPad. That is not what this thread is about and it would not show what iPad Publisher will look like, so it would just confuse people in my opinion

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

We have an iPad version of Photo and Designer. Building mac version for M1 targeted to iPad would run.... like the iPad version we already sell because it is already just that, but with UI suitable for the iPad. That is not what this thread is about and it would not show what iPad Publisher will look like, so it would just confuse people in my opinion

Sure, I know that the desktop version of Publisher may not be optimize for touch, BUT, nowadays I use my iPad Pro 12.9” 2020-edition together with a mouse, so, using the desktop version on iPad could be done, but not great...

• 1 month later...

Sorry I am new to ipad. is there for sure an affinity publisher coming for Ipad? I run comunicationes and publicity for a nonfor profit mission and have just sold my laptop and got an Ipad to be more mobile i have all the software i need but except for affitiy publisher.

@Widiisha

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

If you read the whole of this thread you will see that at least two members of Serif staff have confirmed that Affinity Publisher for iPad is in active development.

As to when it will be released, the official answer, I believe, is "when it's ready".

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

Hi @Donald L & @Guoccamolé,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Unfortunately we don't have any further update currently, though I am certain we will be sure to 'make some noise' here on the fourms when the beta is available so our customers can begin testing it.

I can confirm we were not awaiting the M1 iPad for Affinity Publisher - however we absolutely are looking forward to seeing the speed differences for the Affinity iOS suite!

Please note -

Many thanks!