You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta (1.2.1.26294 RC3)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes

Requirements: None

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: http://affinity.seri...m/beta-download

Update: Run the app to get the link / click download above.

Features / Improvements / Fixes

- New develop features - histogram stretch option is gone, replaced with automatic tone curve.
- Further printing improvements.
- New branding (icons, splash screen, etc.)

- Final help.
- Final documentation.
- Final localisations.

- PDF import improvements.
- SVG import improvements.

- Fixed issues writing metadata to files exported to different volumes.
- Another attempt to fix colour picker.
- Numerous stability improvements.

Thanks for this update, Andy … new branding looks great!  :)

P.S. On Lion there are still some minor thingies, I don’t know if you are still interested in these … first off, the slices list breaks as soon as it gets longer than the available space. I think I have reported this in the past, but the issue is still there, also in Designer. It’s a bit cumbersome when you are dealing with a lot of slices (screen cast 1). And there is a second, more cosmetic thing. There are still white backgrounds peeking through on some panels when using the rubberband scroll (screen cast 2).

Just found my original post concerning the first issue: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/8119-affinity-designer-customer-beta-12024606/?p=33783

Cheers, Alex

EDIT Deleted attachments due to upload limits.

I love the direction you guys are taking this product and I love the UI/UX but the new icon really doesn't match the quality of the product and experience. When I'm looking at it I'm thinking that simple is better here : )

Perhaps the last one related to the following issue … when I go to separated mode, open two images, draw rectangular marquees on both, select the Move Tool, and jump between the windows, one of the marquees will regularly go away (which could be caused by my click: which should not be the case, as far as I can see) and later the app will crash …  :unsure:

I have the crash report documenting the crash in my screen cast, if that is helpful …  :)

EDIT Deleted attachment due to upload limits.

Nice work guys!

Is there any way of saving global settings set inside the apps like Studio arrangement, window mode , (swatches?) etc ? Some file that saves that properties so I can overwrite it as the new betas or final versions come out. Digged through the forum but can't find the answer. Im using a Designer and Photo in production, got rid of those gargantuan Adobe who are just extending their bloated products and making,forcing a service out of them.

Thanks and keep up the good work ! ImI

Love this program and the development team's a winner team  ;) but...

don't like the new icon too. Now it's not clear what type of program it si with the lens it was much more clear.

Somehow my AP files made with the recent version, I think also some previous versions had the same issue, are now opening by default with AD (App Store Version).

This also happens to the two photos from bang Photography.

Hello Andy,

Very much like the printing improvements in RC3! The preview now looks correct based on ratio of image size to paper size, and it's nice to have the Actual Size option; scaling box also shows 100% now when printing actual size. Nice!!

Best regards,

Alan

@MBd

If you ctrl click the image and select "Get Info", what is in the "Open with" window?  It is probably AD (for some reason) and you can change it to AP to be used as default.

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

Yes it did exactly what you suggested but it still uses AD AppSore version the next time i click on open....

But anyway my Mac is currently a little bit broken and I´m in contact with the Support Team.

I can´t install programs which require password entry because the window for the PW does not show up and I can´t change some settings where I would have to "remove" the "lock". All things very strange since my iMac is pretty much stock and I dined´t do much customization - only approved software.

Yesterday I installed my Wacom drivers and now my dock does not increase the size when I mouse over it although it is selected in the settings. solved

These issues don´t show up in a newly created Administrator and we already have deleted loads of plists and whatever. Pretty annoying. And the Apple Support is quite slow - although very endeavored.

I bought the Affinity Designer and I am very happy with the software. I am very eager to buy Affinity Photo also.

¬ MacBook Pro i5 2.5Ghz | LED 13.3" | 16GB RAM | 240Gb SSD CORSAIR Force GT | Caddy 500Gb HD | MAC OS X 10.11

¬ MacBook Air C2D 1.6Ghz | LED 13.3" | Cache 4Mb | 2GB RAM | 60Gb HD | MAC OS X 10.7.5

www.evosigncriacao.com

instagram.com/evosigncriacao

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes

Requirements: None

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: http://affinity.seri...m/beta-download

Update: Run the app to get the link / click download above.

Features / Improvements / Fixes

- New develop features - histogram stretch option is gone, replaced with automatic tone curve.
- Further printing improvements.
- New branding (icons, splash screen, etc.)

- Final help.
- Final documentation.
- Final localisations.

- PDF import improvements.
- SVG import improvements.

- Fixed issues writing metadata to files exported to different volumes.
- Another attempt to fix colour picker.
- Numerous stability improvements.

I am curious. Final Help - Final Documentation listed as separate items. Where can I obtain the latter? I have never been able to find anything except the built in Help.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.