Mark Ingram

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.7.0.178

8 hours ago, altae said:

I have to admit I kind of dislike the new shadows/ highlights live filter. The old version used to offer much more control over the result. But what's even more important: In 1.6 the highlights filter used to reduce (darken) highlights, now it increases (brightens) them. Is this really the idea behind it? The shadows/ highlights live filter used to be a superb tool to fix areas that were either too dark or too bright. Now it simply feels like one more redundant tool.

Yes, I'm also a little bit confused about the new shadows/ highlights live filter. It doen't seem to work for me either.

The new HSL control is nice. Though you could give us more colour slots. Also when rotating the colour range the movement is quite jittery.

Now you need to take this colour selection code from the HSL and create a new colour select panel where we can use this to select a colour range for editing. And also add a luminance range too. 

I don't know what the new live shadows/highlights filter is supposed to do but it seems to raise the shadows and raise the highlights too. Pretty useless.The old one was very useful. Please put it back.

Installed today, fast tested with some diffucult raw files, also brushes working smooth in combination with audio streaming.
It looks that wacom is react better than before.

Just a heads up - The Sample file Lone Shine crashes Affinity Photo 1.7.0.178 - it loads correctly with Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135 .

Using Windows 10 1809 17763.134, nvidia graphics

One thing missing from the changelist (as I snuck it in at the last minute...):

• Added support for per-monitor ICC profiles (previously we only used the primary monitor's ICC profile) in the document view (controls still use the primary monitor's ICC profile, which will hopefully be fixed in the future).

It doesn't work at my app, too.

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

Does not work here either. When I select "Absolute size" and "inches", as soon as I enter a number in one of the input boxes and go to the next it always revert back to "pixels".

Window 10 - 16 Gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Fuji EXR RAFs are still not supported properly at all (multiple subframes), and there is still the massive color gamut issue which has been present in Affinity Photo as far as I have used it. 

There has been the slightest improvement in color rendition and a bit of an improvement in shadow detail retention and now the X-S1 Lens Profile is applied properly, but overall, it still clips severely and the color is completely wrong.

image.thumb.png.a06839828896830aa27aa0b7f4b8d09d.png

Great step forward in RAF speed . Thankyou.

Program loaded perfectly.

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

PDF import is broken.

Some PDF contain layers.
Import pdf to version 1.6.5. 135 is correct, made with layers. In version 1.7 without layers. This makes the document a mess.